Downtown

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile in NFT land...    

My bitcoin has been going nutssssssss! Up 70% in the last month and almost 1000% this year! Gimme the loot baby!    Edit: when bitcoin was first developed I started mining it and had al

The first rule of crossfit/Crypto: always talk about crossfit/crypto

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

What will be most funny is if Musk makes many more Bitcoin purchases for Telsa (he strikes me as one who would do that just to demonstrate defiance) as it goes down, and it fully crashes.   Then the other shareholders oust him over it. 

Tesla has already almost given up all its gains year to date. It has been steadily falling, and the gap down today, since the bitcoin purchase was announced. Many businesses analysts pointed out how bad it looked for Musk to put $1 billion into bitcoin sine it indicated he had nothing better to do with the money, which raises concerns that Tesla might be running out of promising operational investment / capital spending projects to fund, which is the opposite situation in which a "growth" company with a 200 forward PE ratio should be. 

Edited by 9 Nines

3 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

What will be most funny is if Musk makes many more Bitcoin purchases for Telsa (he strikes me as one who would do that just to demonstrate defiance) as it goes down, and it fully crashes.   Then the other shareholders oust him over it. 

Tesla has already almost given up all its gains year to date. It has been steadily falling, and the gap down today, since the bitcoin purchase was announced. Many businesses analysts pointed out how bad it looked for Musk to put $1 billion into bitcoin sine it indicated he had nothing better to do with the money, which raises concerns that Tesla might be running out of promising operational investment / capital spending projects to fund, which is the opposite situation in which a "growth" company with a 200 forward PE ratio should be. 

I actually have a theory that Tesla stock has tanked since Musk's bitcoin announcement because lots of shareholders don't want to own a car/battery company that is gambling assets on crypto.

Every single time. Bitcoin goes up, it's a scam. Bitcoin goes down, I told you so. Rinse repeat 100s of times over the past decade. Bitcoin only goes up given long enough time frame. That's all you need to know. 

This might be helpful to someone reading. 

Edited by Supdawg

6 hours ago, abenjami said:

I actually have a theory that Tesla stock has tanked since Musk's bitcoin announcement because lots of shareholders don't want to own a car/battery company that is gambling assets on crypto.

Oil companies did the same thing in the 1970s: real estate development: theme parks, master planned communities, consumer goods: oil products and additives, automotive products etc. and they were punished for it, but at least those were viable operations, not some valueless combinations of 1s and 0s in the ether.   Also, putting billions into such a black-hole, sends a message Tesla has no viable projects in the future. 

Edited by 9 Nines

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

An unregulated uncontrolled one 

Yes, it is engineered to be the perfect commodity.  It's quite an anti-social investment and you will be welcome to mock me for that hypocrisy.