Mike Garafolo Links Titans to Alshon Jeffery (Update 3/4: Positive Meeting w/ Bears)

AussieTitanFan08

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

When is the last time a free agent went back to his hometown state? I'd rather be a millionaire in Miami, California than TN

A millionaire in TN is not a millionaire in Cali. They have 14.3% tax on over $1mil. So, $1mil = $850k lol

Plus, your dollar doesn't go nearly as far...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been saying it's a real possibility for awhile now. I still think it's a strong possibility that the Titans pursue him. He's from South Carolina too, so we have an edge on location. It'll take 12

I'd be very happy to have Jeffery. We haven't had a truly good WR in ages... even longer than we've gone without a good RB. Once we add a true talent or 2 to the WR corps, the improvement in

I refuse to believe the Titans have real interest in Jeffery

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

JR did have a hand in drafting Mike Evans who is kind of similar. I don't think Jeffery is as good as Evans but they have some of the same qualities. Big bodied WR who can go up and get it. I do think Jeffery is a bit more athletic than given credit for. 

Like I said earlier though, you're not going to get a Julio, AJ Green, etc in FA. It's going to be guys who are mostly #2 WR or in the case of Jeffery, a guy who's shown #1 ability but carries some concerns which is a reason why he's available.

Was hoping for a more athletic guy to pair with Mathews.

Edited by Huston

19 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

sounds like Mularkey is even more disappointed in the WR group after having the time to review the season in full, despite our dire need for CB's it certainly sounds like some major resources are going to go into upgrading the WR position.

Yep. It's basically like the RB position last year. Don't be surprised to see a substantial FA signing and a high draft pick there, imo.

31 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

sounds like Mularkey is even more disappointed in the WR group after having the time to review the season in full, despite our dire need for CB's it certainly sounds like some major resources are going to go into upgrading the WR position.

How I imagine the WR's view Mularkey....

18 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

What does everyone see in Pryor that I'm not seeing? Legitimate question. 

I think people are impressed by how effectively and quickly he was able to make the conversion from QB to WR. He put up 77 rec 1,007 yards with a pretty awful QB situation. He's 6'4 220+ who's very athletic. I think there's very little chance of him leaving though. I would imagine he's very popular with that fanbase, especially considering he went to OSU. And the Browns have more cap space than anyone. It seems like he's an obvious resign. I guess you never know with the Browns though.