Luck signs extension

OILERMAN

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Hopefully we optimize this stance when it comes time to sign Mariota to a new deal. 'You weren't first, bitch!'

How pissed would you be if you were Russell Wilson? 5 more career passing TD's, a rating 16 points higher (yes, 16), and 2 Bowl appearances with a win & this slapdick's contract blows yours away?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All kidding aside I don't know how anybody can watch both of these guys play QB  & come away thinking Luck is better. But everyone has their own preferences & sees things differently.

Luck had one dominant year, 2014, and he was awesome. He was a solid QB his first 2 years, nothing more, and horrible last year. For some reason since he's been drafted the guys constantly had excuses

1 minute ago, Face said:

How pissed would you be if you were Russell Wilson? 5 more career passing TD's, a rating 16 points higher (yes, 16), and 2 Bowl appearances with a win & this slapdick's contract blows yours away?

If i were Wilson i wouldn't be happy BUT if you are a fan of the Seahawks the GM did a brilliant job with Wilson's contract because he still has enough cap space to pay their good players. Sure they won't be able to sign 'em like they did when Wilson was on his rookie deal but the GM made sure that Wilson didn't get too much to where they would have issues locking up other players.

8 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Exactly. And his surrounding cast is maybe worse.

Titans fans just don't want to accept it and we had people here citing stats trying to say Locker was just as good.

Delusional when it comes to Luck.

Are you talking about my groundbreaking piece exposing Luck for the fraud that he is? Hard to believe that was almost 2 years ago but it's just as relevant today.

Obviously I was just making a play off their similar sounding last names, I of course don't think Locker is as a good as Luck. That said, I'm certainly not losing any sleep over the top dog in our division breaking new contract frontiers on a guy with a career 85 rating.

5 minutes ago, Face said:

It's always funny talking about these things. Wilson has made more money than 99.8 percent of the world. It's strange how everything is relative, because I would imagine he's at least raised an eyebrow to his agent. 

2 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

If i were Wilson i wouldn't be happy BUT if you are a fan of the Seahawks the GM did a brilliant job with Wilson's contract because he still has enough cap space to pay their good players. Sure they won't be able to sign 'em like they did when Wilson was on his rookie deal but the GM made sure that Wilson didn't get too much to where they would have issues locking up other players.

Schneider is a great GM but he also took advantage of the perception that Wilson was just along for the ride with that dominant D. It's almost like that defense hurt his stock.

Ive seen both these guys a ton & let me tell you, Wilson blows Luck out of the water. It ain't even close. Wilson is off the charts. When his D fell back to human levels last year he was nothing short of unstoppable.

3 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Seeing as they're terrible at drafting players this should mean it will take an all world Luck for them to be relevant. I've always agreed with Face that he's overrated, so hopefully we are right and this leaves their franchise like the inverse of the Bengals. 

I will say there is zero doubt in my mind that Luck is talented enough to lead a good team to a SB. But I don't think he's transcendent like a few others. He's top 10, maybe top 8, but I have a feeling they never become a legitimate threat for SBs because of this contract and their lack of supporting talent. 

Wilson and Luck have similar cap numbers the next two years (within a few hundred thousand) and the third / fourth years Luck is 3-4 million greater. The Colts can cut Luck for a cap savings as early as 2018 (they won't dream off it), they have him locked up an extra 2 years and I'd take Luck over Wilson straight up every day of the week. So would most NFL personnel.

Just now, Jamalisms said:

Wilson and Luck have similar cap numbers the next two years (within a few hundred thousand) and the third / fourth years Luck is 3-4 million greater. The Colts can cut Luck for a cap savings as early as 2018 (they won't dream off it), they have him locked up an extra 2 years and I'd take Luck over Wilson straight up every day of the week. So would most NFL personnel.

I'm not so sure about that after last year. Wilson was a top 3 QB. Luck wasn't top 10. 

15 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Titans fans just don't want to accept it and we had people here citing stats trying to say Locker was just as good.

No way was lucks surrounding cast worse his first two years... Last couple... Maybe. But we were also in a record worst division for two years. Call it leading to playoffs.  I call it falling into them

Edited by titanruss

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You don't think he would restructure like every other QB has if they get to the point where a little more money helped them get players to be contenders?

They have no one to pay at the moment so no reason with making your franchise QB happy until then.

I would hope as a Titan fan that he is a greedy SOB following in Manning's footsteps on the contract route.

14 minutes ago, Face said:

Are you talking about my groundbreaking piece exposing Luck for the fraud that he is? Hard to believe that was almost 2 years ago but it's just as relevant today.

Obviously I was just making a play off their similar sounding last names, I of course don't think Locker is as a good as Luck. That said, I'm certainly not losing any sleep over the top dog in our division breaking new contract frontiers on a guy with a career 85 rating.

No, I think it was Prag before that. Or maybe I am discussing yours. All you idiots are hard to keep straight. :twitch:

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

As a Titans fan I would be dumb not to agree. But Luck doesn't come across as "its all because of me" like Peyton did.

Either way they are a bottom five roster, and there are better QBs in the AFC who have actual rosters around them. They aren't competing for titles until they get rid of Grigson. 

36 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Cast is worst?  Who's being Delusional?  WTF are you smoking?