It's Hammer Time.

XAEA12

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All you naysayers all season have been wrong about everything - about Vrabel, about Mariota, about the coaching staff, about the defense, about Davis, about Smith, about the offensive design, and abou

This newschool dude is giving me a bad name.

Why are people so obsessed with trying to make this guy great?

Henry isn't quick enough or agile enough to juke his way out of trouble, and he can't get his pads down low enough to run with the power he does have, to get him out of those situations.

That's the facts in evidence so far.  They're not looking to build a '3yds & a cloud of dust' offense.

But there's no doubt that when they get him a little space he can make the most of it.

However, I think a change is coming in how they approach the outside run game with Fowler back and Jonnu and Stocker improving their move blocking, so I don't think Henry is done for the season, but we'll see. 

But even if they do utilize this type of blocking strategy for the remainder of this season, I don't think they'll try to build on it going forward.  It's too unconventional and doesn't adapt well off the rest of the scheme.  It's only going to be effective in the same way the screen game is.

He's not Gurley.  He can't move like that.

I think someone somewhere can make a star out of Henry if they can get him to commit to hurting people when he runs.  But so far he's only managed to achieve that mindset once, and that was against KC.

He needs more Marshawn and Earl's attitude than he's mustered thus far.  If he can get his pads down and his knees up he could be as dangerous as either of those guys.  But he hasn't so far.

Someone made a prediction that I thought made some sense. 

Maybe they were testing out Flueallen because they were going to use Henry's spot to activate Fowler. You could use Flueallen in the #2 RB spot and make room by deactivating Henry 

5 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

That's what I figured but yet again, a "promise" is the reason why Henry just doesn't see the field over the starter.... At some point people have to realize that Henry just simply isn't anywhere near as good as people want to convince themselves

I get it, but the Pats defense was pretty worn out after the Henry wildcat score.  Henry would have been perfectly fine to finish the game out and keep Lewis safe.

2 hours ago, big2033 said:

This revisionist history on Eddie George is weird. 

He was the heart of the office during our Super Bowl run.

Had over 1,200 yards in his first five seasons.

Jerome Bettis is in the hall and doesn't even boast stats like.

It was a different time, and Eddie was one of the top backs in his brief time.

You can thank CTF for that.  I think that George was not as good as some Titans fans remember but he was definitely an integral part of those early Titans teams.

OK what if we sub out our WRs ... and replace them with TEs and then sub out Mariota and replace him with our new FB.

That way, we can direct snap it to Derrick Henry and finally get him the 25 carries he deserves.

It'll work if we just focus on him a bit. He has less negative yards after all.

Edited by big2033

1 hour ago, japan said:

I get it, but the Pats defense was pretty worn out after the Henry wildcat score.  Henry would have been perfectly fine to finish the game out and keep Lewis safe.

I've said time and time again that Henry should have gotten those carries, fans are just too naive to understand that there's obviously more going on as to why no coach wants to utilize him more