All-22: Titans-Bills (1st Half Notes)

cenj

26 minutes ago, cenj said:

2) The middle of our defense got manhandled, including Casey. Everyone on the DL made plays -- Logan, AJ,  and obviously Casey were all disruptive at times. But on too many running plays, they were getting blown off the ball. Now, often there was a LB unblocked to come down and fill the gap, but our LBs (and at times new safety K. Lewis), didn’t do their job. Brown made some excellent plays, but missed some gaps early. Evans shouldn’t be on the field right now. He's a major liability.

This. I'm hoping that Spillane will take a good portion of his snaps. 

I'm all for getting him snaps so that he can learn, but not at the expense of costing us wins. 

7 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I mean ... why would you guys expect him to be discouraged and devastated after a couple of weeks? 

He's probably trying to keep things in perspective. We should do the same.

He just looked slow with no agility. I’m hoping it’s just the hamstring after effects.

27 minutes ago, Divine said:

Self-entitled?

I've thought this before about him. I've watched all of his interviews since he was drafted and I think he has accountability issues but maybe I'm just reading too much into it and he's just trying to stay positive while improving?

He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that's going to raise his hand and say "that one was on me, I'm sorry guys, I'll give it my everything to make up for it."

Henry, for all his faults, at least is accountable for his poor play. And Nick Williams too - "That was on me 100%."

Evans: "Well I'm actually not even an inside guy."

"I think I've played pretty well"

I guess we have to be patient and see how it plays out. 

Just now, tgo said:

I've thought this before about him. I've watched all of his interviews since he was drafted and I think he has accountability issues but maybe I'm just reading too much into it and he's just trying to stay positive while improving?

It makes sense, he came from a college where you really don’t have adversity, and he was better than most of his competition. Now it’s like damn everyone is good at this level. I think he is struggling because of the time he missed and he probably has the hammy injury on his mind. He does not look like a first round draft pick,  he looks like a less polished version of Williamson, which I get it, we didn’t want to pay the money Williamson wanted. I’ll wait till next year before passing judgement. But so far it doesn’t look super promising. 

1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

My biggest issue is he plays a position that usually translates fairly early from college.  Sure he might miss an occasional assignment but typically a good ILB is aggressive and has instincts.  If he made a decent play for every crappy one I'd be fine with it but he makes virtually no plays.  The coaching staff sees that.  We would be better off putting Trawick at LB right now.  Correa might even be an option.  The kid is light years behind Compton right now.  I can't even see him being decent on STs. 

How has the kid that Chicago took 1st round been? I don’t follow them much, but didn’t he get hurt preseason too. It would be a good base line to measure Evans perhaps.

1 hour ago, Divine said:

He just looked slow with no agility. I’m hoping it’s just the hamstring after effects.

Davis looked pretty awful after returning from his hamstring injury last year.  Slow, timid, like he was in a different planet.  Athletic ability is the last of Evans' problems.

39 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

He is coming alone.  Held out early.  Light years ahead of Evans but who isn't?

The kid for the Bills has been lights out.  Vander Esch has been pretty good. 

Edmunds has been nearly as bad as Evans.  50 grade on PFF.  68 for Smith.  No need to panic yet.