Ravens Week

tgo

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here. 

But I hate the Ravens. And I hope we beat them. 

However, this game has me worried (even before I read the tweet below) because of the familiarity that the Ravens have with the defense. Hopefully having good defensive personnel can help make up for it. 

Edited by tgo

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously, how underappreciated is Succop, dude is money

I would seriously give him all of Smith’s reps. 

Posted Images

But of course, 

I imagine Pees and LaFleur will have a little sit down this week about the vulnerabilities of this Ravens defense. 

Actually, they should probably have Pees and LaFleur sitting right next to eachother in the booth!

• Jonboy pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here. 

But I hate the Ravens. And I hope we beat them. 

But this game has me worried (even before I read the tweet below) because of the familiarity that the Ravens have with the defense. Hopefully having good defensive personnel can help make up for it. 

I'd go man-heavy this week. They don't have a true outside threat that can hurt us and our zones will be easy to identify and exploit for a vet like Flacco who practiced against this defense for a decade. They may get us with some man-beaters underneath but even if you identify it, man defense is tougher to beat when the DBs are better than the opposing receivers. Butler/Ryan can handle Crabtree while Adoree can nullify John Brown's speed. 

25 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

They're coming off a road OT loss...so I bet @scine09 is picking the Titans.

They do have the #1 rated pass defense though. If ever there was a time for a running game to wake up, it's now.

Not just a road OT loss.  It’s the 3rd game of back to back to back road games.  So yes I like the Titans.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

hopefully we get Woodyard and Kelly back this week, might be a week early for Vacarro.

Lewan is the big concern, according to Vrabel he was consulting with Doctor's today to pinpoint the exact nature of his foot injury.

Probably 3 weeks too early for Vaccaro. 

If Lewan is out for any period of time - it's going to be very problematic to say the least. Lewan is the 2nd most important player on the team in terms of being able to win football games. 

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

I'd go man-heavy this week. They don't have a true outside threat that can hurt us and our zones will be easy to identify and exploit for a vet like Flacco who practiced against this defense for a decade. They may get us with some man-beaters underneath but even if you identify it, man defense is tougher to beat when the DBs are better than the opposing receivers. Butler/Ryan can handle Crabtree while Adoree can nullify John Brown's speed. 

John Ross is playing well and has given the a deep a threat.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic