Titans WR Depth For 2018

MIKE75

I know i'm not the only one thinking this but we are an injury or two from being in trouble at the WR spot.

We have Corey Davis,Taywan Taylor,Tajae Sharpe,Rishard Matthews,Michael Campanaro.

Also we have Matthews as the only player with major experience.

I don't think Dez is a good idea because of chemistry BUT there are others at the WR spot i think might need to be looked at once the preseason is over and cuts are made.

Every year there is a surprise cut at certain positions.

Even in Andre Johnsons last year with us he had a big hand in a couple games for us and won one at Detroit.

Bottom line we need one more receiver. Experience a big plus............

Delanie and Jonnu at least are both good receiving threats so they could alleviate the need for an extra WR.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they end up picking up another veteran. But it won’t be Dez and I doubt it’s Decker (though he might come cheap). Dontrelle Inman would make a lot of sense. Maclin is probably done but maybe?

I bet they stand pat for the time being. Once they see what they have in Sharpe, Taylor, Campanaro and the UDFAs in training camp I think they could look for a veteran cap casualty or even trade for a vet from a team that has more WRs than they need.

I'm not worried.  If somebody goes down, there are usually guys who can come in as depth.  If Davis or Matthews went down, there won't be anybody out there to come up to their levels. LaFleur will just have to scheme around injuries.

If something happens Davis and Matthews both suffer potential injuries that leaves.........

Sharpe,Taylor,Campanaro.

We definitely need a good experienced WR.

I wouldn't mind bringing Anquan Boldin in if he is available.

Like i said earlier Andre Johnson was good for us in '16 and caught a winning TD at Detroit.

The smart thing to do is bring in an experienced WR for depth and carry 6 WR on the 53 man roster.

Don't want Dez but if Anquan Boldin or Brandon Marshall could be had we should look into it.

OR what until teams make cuts to make it the final 53 right before the season starts.

13 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

If something happens Davis and Matthews both suffer potential injuries that leaves.........

Sharpe,Taylor,Campanaro.

We definitely need a good experienced WR.

I wouldn't mind bringing Anquan Boldin in if he is available.

Like i said earlier Andre Johnson was good for us in '16 and caught a winning TD at Detroit.

Anquan Boldin died

Just now, MIKE75 said:

He wasn't anything to get excited over and didn't play all that great however that was a hard catch with multiple defenders around in the Lion end zone.

I agree. He did what he was signed for. Was a great boost to the team and season. I appreciate his time here. Especially after being rivals. Was a true pro. Classy guy. Even though he got at Finny :13_upside_down: