Josh McDaniels

titansfan

3 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

Supposedly, the hatred for McDaniels in the Broncos locker room was practically unanimous. People generally don't change that much. 

I've never seen so many ex-players shred a HC like that publicly. That's my biggest issue with him. He's an egomaniac who can't relate to players. Has he changed? That's asking a lot.

And JR just said he wanted a "leader of men" as HC. That's NOT McDaniels. Actually makes me lean more towards Vrabel despite his inexperience.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His whole tenure in DEN was Whiz 2.0. Guy was a total egomaniac my way or the highway guy. Just like Whiz. And we're banking that he's "changed" since then?   If we hire McDaniels, I'll supp

Total conjecture    Everyone says he's an asshole and he never took cast offs to the SB, he was an epic failure. Tom Brady and BB took him along for the ride to some SBs.   Doesn't

Posted Images

I'm not that big on McDaniels, but I trust the process this time. I think Robinson will be given the chance to bring in a guy he likes, and I hope he will take the time to interview some candidates before making up his mind. BUT, since he likely talks to a lot of these people anyway, he may already know what he needs to know about them.

McDaniels makes me super nervous. His tenure at Denver was a joke, and I just don't buy that he's radically changed since then. He and Brady butted heads at times this year. He seems a bit up his own ass at times. However, his schemes and play calling seem damn good, and this guy got Tebow to win a playoff game right? Or was that someone else? If that was McDaniels, he must be magic.

6 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

I'm not that big on McDaniels, but I trust the process this time. I think Robinson will be given the chance to bring in a guy he likes, and I hope he will take the time to interview some candidates before making up his mind. BUT, since he likely talks to a lot of these people anyway, he may already know what he needs to know about them.

McDaniels makes me super nervous. His tenure at Denver was a joke, and I just don't buy that he's radically changed since then. He and Brady butted heads at times this year. He seems a bit up his own ass at times. However, his schemes and play calling seem damn good, and this guy got Tebow to win a playoff game right? Or was that someone else? If that was McDaniels, he must be magic.

Think John Fox was the coach when Tebow won in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I'll be pretty happy if they don't hire McDainels, it means Robinson wasn't just hiring based on cronyism

Cronyism?  I think the hire is likely to be more successful if its someone Robinson knows and has worked with.   Hiring people basically sucks.  Everyone looks great in interview and it has very little correlation to their ability to do the job.  Resumes are fool of fluff and gray areas of success. 

I have rarely every seen a hiring manager hire someone they are not super excited about. I have seen plenty of people who someone was extremely excited to hire  (sometimes my own hire) that turned out to be a dud.   Within a month the shine comes off and you have a good feel if you're hired someone who could be a star or could be a dud. 

The best way for JRob to hire an outstanding candidate would be to hire someone he has worked with before and has seen then succeed and has seen them on bad days.   Interviews are formalities that are often times an illusion. 

4 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Great! So what has McDa iels done that makes people like him...I mean, at all? Just OC for Patriots?

He has had some offensive success. 

He has been a head coach and failed. 

He has then gone back to learn from BB. 

He has developed long lasting relationships with an elite qb. 

Mostly he has had a working relationship with JRob- to give him close insight on whether he will succeed or fail. 

IF Jrob likes him then I will be a bit excited to see what he can do.    You can't be vetted much better than working with together.