Potential Roster Cuts Who We Might Have Interest In

Mercalius

As is, I could see the Titans being interested in WR, RB (just because ours are trash after Murray/Henry), Corner, and potentially G (though them not pursuing Slauson may suggest otherwise), and potentially a pure PR/KR even though they did bring in the UDFA after the draft.  Who are some folks on roster bubbles after the draft that may become available?

I've heard some media folks suggest Pierre Garcon and Darren Sproles could both potentially be cut.  Any other names that stand out?

14 minutes ago, ctm said:

I'd be looking for a CB and ILB.

Yeah I forgot about ILB.  The team says they're wanting to see what Palmer can do, but TBH I think we could find a noticeable upgrade.

Isn't Sproles very long in the tooth at this point, esp for a RB, and esp for a guy who's game is based on his explosiveness?

I mean don't get me wrong, if he can contribute anything in the return game and as a third down back he is an upgrade, but I just think his star is about gone at this point.

Just now, Legaltitan said:

Isn't Sproles very long in the tooth at this point, esp for a RB, and esp for a guy who's game is based on his explosiveness?

I mean don't get me wrong, if he can contribute anything in the return game and as a third down back he is an upgrade, but I just think his star is about gone at this point.

He's 32 I think, which is ancient for a RB - but he had a pretty solid year last year, special teams included.  He'd definitely be a stopgap

14 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Verner at CB.

Leon Hall is actually still available at CB. Could be asking for too much $.

I'd be very much open to a Verner return. He's better than Blake and McCain. Could be a nickel back for us. 

32 minutes ago, reo said:

Dump McCluster and add Sproles. He'd only be a situational back and return guy anyway w/ Murray and Henry.

Good idea. I don't see anything wrong with giving Sproles a one year deal  and it would be a great way to help the return game and have a situational back like you said.

Verner could be an excellent way to add some needed help with experience without breaking the bank to do so too.

Vermeer and Garçon by far. 

Garcon would be our #2 and Matthews our 3... Idk where or how Wright would fit. 

Verner would be NB with Riggs and McCain back him up. 

Cox/McCourty at outside with Sims/Reed/BWW backing him up.