Is Jake Locker worth waiting for?

NFLStudent

Has anyone seen enough out of Jake Locker to make them believe that he can lead this team to a Super Bowl?

I've yet to see a dominating performance by this guy.

'He's been hurt.'

When he was healthy, what has he done?

Has he played well enough to win? Sure.

But I want to feel like the starting QB gives the team a chance to win ANY GAME THEY PLAY, not just the ones they are suppose to win and then hope for the best in playoffs.

Can anyone here tell me why Jake Locker is worth waiting for?

If he comes out in year four and plays 'ok' or 'solid' why is that good enough to allow him the privilege to continue as the starting QB?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cannot wait until the damn draft. Pretty much every post from every person in this thread has been said many many times. I see who's posting and I know what their main point wil be before even readi

His healthy play has been dramatically overrated.

You called?

His fundamental flaws look too problematic to overcome. Even if he managed to look better this year, I'd still have doubts about his ability to consistantly play well into the future.

I'm glad we are looking closely and the QB group now in Whiz's first year.

Yes - if he's healthy, but debating it has become boring. At this point he will either stay healthy and prove doubters wrong or he won't. All is done except the waiting and seeing. Everyone has their opinion and no one wants to yet concede that I'm always right.

So if he's healthy Prag, you've seen enough?

I agree.

And yet I still want him to succeed. I also want another QB in training given the likelihood he doesn't succeed.

I'm cool with that too. I would prefer he come 2nd or later so that this year is not a lame duck year.   But Locker has to be healthy this year, no matter what anyone projects and no matter who is on the roster.   I wouldn't have been upset if the Titans had decided to do it this year. Disappointed in the outcome, yes.  It sucks, but it is what it is.   

If they feel like they can draft a QB they really like, I'm all for it. But if not, there's no reason to take a QB they don't like just to get rid of Locker a year before his contract runs out. If they give him 1 more year and he fails, they can presumably draft a QB high next year that they do like.