Cyrus, Mercalius- Any second thoughts about Jake Locker?

Tim

How do you two feel at this point? Remember our debates leading up to that draft? The inaccuracy issues, the poor football IQ? Are you two still championing him? Second thoughts? Or is he going to prove everyone wrong this year now that we have simplified the offense and put an emphasis on the running game?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scarcity drives value though and quarterbacks are essentially lottery tickets. Looking at the other quarterbacks drafted the same year in the first round, we have Newton who was drafted #1 and has yet

I think there are too many people who think real life is like Madden and you can just switch teams and be as good. There is no way anyone would be talking about kaepernick had he been drafted by the t

I'm not either of them but I've always been on the Locker banwagon and I don't have 2nd thoughts. I am expecting a big year from him in 2013.

He has definitely given every indication for one to feel that way...

If he has a poor year then I'll say that. Just like I said he had a poor 2nd half last year.

I just think he's primed for a breakout season with all the changes made plus the fact that he's healthy.

The thing is is that I think that this might finish with 6-8 wins, and that's because I expect our run game to keep us in a lot of close giving us the chance to win a few. I would be surprised if we see a similar year to what we saw in 2009 with CJ having a huge year but it ultimately not producing enough wins to make the playoffs.

The defense is shaky and the team is still searching for ways to generate a pass rush consistently. Bernard Pollard for all his energy is not going to cover anyone.

Returning to Locker, he has no more excuses. Year three is generally where good QBs takeoff and he has shown little to no signs of improvement dating back to his junior year in college! Locker has weapons, an improved offensive line, and what looks to be a dependable running game. If he can't get it done, this era is over at year's end.

Unfortunate thing is is that we will win enough to keep us away from Bridgewater. So you guys need to look at guys like Carr, Franklin, Marioti, Fales, Morris, and Hundley.

The thing is is that I think that this might finish with 6-8 wins, and that's because I expect our run game to keep us in a lot of close giving us the chance to win a few. I would be surprised if we see a similar year to what we saw in 2009 with CJ having a huge year but it ultimately not producing enough wins to make the playoffs.

The defense is shaky and the team is still searching for ways to generate a pass rush consistently. Bernard Pollard for all his energy is not going to cover anyone.

Returning to Locker, he has no more excuses. Year three is generally where good QBs takeoff and he has shown little to no signs of improvement dating back to his junior year in college! Locker has weapons, an improved offensive line, and what looks to be a dependable running game. If he can't get it done, this era is over at year's end.

Unfortunate thing is is that we will win enough to keep us away from Bridgewater. So you guys need to look at guys like Carr, Franklin, Marioti, Fales, Morris, and Hundley.

How about forgetting about those guys and hoping that Locker can be the guy? Wouldn't that be the ideal situation? Or would it not fit with the agenda?

It's not an agenda. It's reality. Everyone wants this team to win many games and contend, but at some point you have to be willing to call a spade a spade. The only agendas that are honestly around are those that constantly have excuse after excuse given to maintain the dream that Locker will magically breakout and become this high level QB.

It's not an agenda. It's reality. Everyone wants this team to win many games and contend, but at some point you have to be willing to call a spade a spade. The only agendas that are honestly around are those that constantly have excuse after excuse given to maintain the dream that Locker will magically breakout and become this high level QB.

You're sitting here telling us which QB's to look at for the 2014 draft when 2013 hasn't even started yet anf you have absolutely no clue how Locker will perform and if he'll prove to be the guy to go forward with.

JÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!!!!

Let's have this conversation at the bye week. Not enough concrete evidence to say one way or the other. I will say the most alarming thing about Jake is the inconsistency so far but he will have a legitimate chance to show us what he has in about 3 weeks.