Looming Default

tgo

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

are you kidding? Based on current reporting the WH took McCarthy to the cleaners. There is a revolt among hard liners for that reason. 

This adds up.  Aside from the fact that he looks like a shmuck….he’s a pretty weak speaker.

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

are you kidding? Based on current reporting the WH took McCarthy to the cleaners. There is a revolt among hard liners for that reason. 

I've noticed lately you're not reading very well. Has something happened to precipitate this? 

Tgo: Biden absolutely caved

Me: I don't see it that way. He gave up all of one thing. 

You: Are you kidding???? He gave up nothing!!

12 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It will be interesting to see what the GOP demands next when it comes time for a budget deal

If their aim was to cut the budget, McCarthy came out on the short end. The deal is for no increase this year and a 1 percent increase next year.

Republicans could have refused to pass a budget and passed continuing resolutions for the next two years.  That would have kept the same budget for two years.

9 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

McCarthy was in the Oval on his knees hoping for a favor to keep his job. 

If Democrats use their votes to help McCarthy remain speaker, then he becomes their hostage for the remainder of his term as they can withdraw support at any time.

22 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

So....you were completely wrong about Biden caving. 

The administration’s starting position was refusing to negotiate at all…..but yes, as I said the deal is a good one imo

But I do wonder if the extremity of the beginning position was strategic so as not to give up as much in negotiations toward securing a deal. 

Edited by tgo

These guys do a good job of breaking these things down and reading through the bills even if they can be a bit bombastic in their vid titles.

Once again... surprisingly as it has been for even a lot of Democrats... good job by Biden. 

Edited by reo