Jan 6th Hearings

reo

6 hours ago, begooode said:

After overpromising “bigger than Watergate!” forever, Fox is going to sit out on watergate style public hearings into a coup attempt fashioned by a loser president and his henchmen. They can play the ostrich game, but that’s exactly how this history will be taught 20 years from now.

I used to marvel at those newsreels showing denials by the populace who had gone to war and entrenched themselves in transparent, pretzel-like propaganda, and we’re watching it now real-time with Russia. I never thought the USA would go through something like this kind of outright denial by a huge % of Americans, concerning an event at the core of our constitution. ‘I could execute a coup on fifth avenue and not lose any voters’. Cuz Demz b Evilz. 

It’s no longer a mystery as to how a totalitarian government can take place.  Get the right combination of people that are okay with it and those that are more worried about their lot in life.  Poof.  

Hopefully the institutions we have in place can prevail.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Biden isn't the head of a cult that attempted to overturn a democratically-held election to keep their power structure and bruised egos intact.

Someone help me understand this:   For the past 2+ years, Republicans have been pounding the table and screaming at the top of their lungs about a stolen election, election fraud, fake/fraud

Long story ...   There was a sales rep I used to work with (who had a hilarious falling out with the company which basically showed he didn't know our product and would sell his other produc

Posted Images

12 hours ago, nine said:

I can't find it now.....but I recently saw a news article about GOP lawmakers becoming somewhat divided on their approach to the upcoming hearings:

As we know, most of the GOP has spent the past year blasting the committee and investigation as a politically-motivated partisan witch hunt against Trump and the GOP in general.

But a number of members have recently starting taking a more muted approach:   their constituency and voter base has now shifted their ire to subjects like inflation, gas prices, Biden, and various other talking points....voters are no longer talking about or even paying attention to the Jan 6th investigation or the upcoming hearings.    Rather than bringing the Jan 6 investigation back to the forefront of public  consciousness,  some Republican officials are now advising that the GOP downplay it or avoid the discussion entirely.    Conservative voters have already tuned out on the subject....their leadership is  perfectly content to let sleeping dogs lie.

https://politicalwire.com/2022/06/07/gop-divided-on-how-to-defend-trump-this-week/

GOP Divided on How to Defend Trump This Week

June 7, 2022 at 5:50 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard 55 Comments

“A split is emerging among Republicans about how best to counter the House Jan. 6 committee’s opening hearing Thursday, as the party waits to see just how explosive the panel’s findings prove to be,” NBC News reports.

“One GOP faction believes the attack on the Capitol a year and a half ago is of so little interest to Americans by now that it’s hardly worth rebutting the committee’s presentation. More politically advantageous, that faction argues, is amplifying the message that President Joe Biden and his fellow Democrats are to blame for rising gas and grocery prices.”

“But another wing of the party is preparing to blunt any revelations coming out of the hearings through press statements and news conferences with hand-picked outlets.”

1 hour ago, luvyablue256 said:

Honestly, the only thing this is good for is putting pressure on Merrick Garland. 

DOJ is already working on it. We just haven't heard anything publicly. 

Proud Boys were indicted for seditious conspiracy the other day. They're working their way up the chain. No surprise the first day of hearings iirc is supposed to center around them. 

1 hour ago, reo said:

DOJ is already working on it. We just haven't heard anything publicly. 

Proud Boys were indicted for seditious conspiracy the other day. They're working their way up the chain. No surprise the first day of hearings iirc is supposed to center around them. 

Yes, but if there's evidence Trump was orchestrating all this, I don't trust Garland to try the Mueller punt-on-3rd-down bullshit. Mueller's punt to a dysfunctional Congress in 2018 (which resulted in the Senate Intelligence Committee basically confirming the allegations) was basically because there lacked primetime TV sunshine

All of it needs to be out in the sunlight. 

5 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Yes, but if there's evidence Trump was orchestrating all this, I don't trust Garland to try the Mueller punt-on-3rd-down bullshit. Mueller's punt to a dysfunctional Congress in 2018 (which resulted in the Senate Intelligence Committee basically confirming the allegations) was basically because there lacked primetime TV sunshine

All of it needs to be out in the sunlight. 

Mueller saw it as Congress's job to impeach a sitting president and he trusted them. It had nothing to do, in his mind, with the TV spotlight. 

This is much different. 

But I'm also not going to spend time trying to convince you. 

orchestrating a plan to undermine and unravel the very fabric of democracy?   Hell, I’m not sure Trump could orchestrate a plot to tie his own shoes.   I doubt he had much direct input or involvement in those conversations other than nodding and pretending to understand what was being talked about.    

Or maybe the handlers agreed in advance, “Okay, can only give him *this much* information.  If we try to lay out the entire plan for him, we’ll lose him within 30 seconds.

You’d like to think the people surrounding him who actually coordinated all the various efforts would be getting pretty nervous right about now.  

But I honestly think some of them didn’t think they were doing anything wrong.  They were obsessed and delusional enough to convince themselves it was a legal and legitimate plan and they honestly believed it would work.     And even if they’re eventually charged and end up in federal prison, they’ll be fully convinced  they were railroaded and that they were in the right all along.