Report: Titans Open to extending Henry’s Contract

2ToneTerror

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost your entire post is lifted from this article. I don't post a lot here, but I just had to point out that you're attempting to pass off this article's words as your own LOL. https://touchdownwire

Watching Henry training up the hill feels like watching some cyborg athlete in the distant future training for Deathball, where the field can randomly tilt.

The agility and explosion Henry has running that hill is amazing at his size. I run a hill and know first hand how impressive this is

Posted Images

Trying to control TPO and the play clock by running the ball in playoff games is a recipe for failure. In the playoffs the offenses are too good. You have to put up points. Running it 60% of the time puts more pressure on the QB because it limits his opportunities which also magnifies the mistakes when they happen. This isn't a black and white issue. It's a combination of poor game planning and management and underperformance by your key players.

Edited by freakingeek

2 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

I understand but I also know that its a reflection of simply what we see on the field.   Take the last interception in the Bengals game...and the kurt warner video...the receiver needs to challenge the cornerback both horizontally and vertically...not just run straight stop and come back.   So you take that info and assume its the receivers fault...he didn't run the route correctly.   Therefore its not an interception that you would put on Tannehill. 

All of which is hard to argue but if you really listen to Warner he says I always wanted my receivers to run the route this way....basically saying I told them what I wanted prior to games in practice...in the film room.

So still based on your metrics and stats the Int still isn't Tannnehills fault but it probably wouldn't have happened with Warner at the helm.

I like Tannehill and I think he's physically fully capable of running the offense but I still feel like there is something missing with him and I think it lies in the things we don't see or know....we don't know the plays that are called or what ability he has to audible out of them... we don't know what goes on in the film room and most practices.

And it takes me back to the first interception in the Bengals game....how does it happen?   How does a poorly designed play become your first play of the game and it get executed poorly. With 2 weeks to prepare.   It should have been a well executed drive that put up points....your at home...most teams do that..

Whos putting the work in to fix this...and I think a big part of that responsibility falls on Tannehill.  He should at this point in his career be the guiding force for the offense....but he obviously isn't.

so not really a point to argue but just more of how I view the position and while I agree with the metrics and of course the paint part of the picture we just simply don't get to see all of it....there are a lot of very fine lines that separate QBs....especially the elite from the ones that just seem to be along for the ride.

The crux of it is that a huge % of people - fans, media, etc. - turned the Cincy playoff game by Tannehill into Del Greco 2000 vs the Ravens when it's far more debatable when one actually breaks down the plays that formulated that opinion.  The 1st INT in that game is on Tannehill because he forced it and was a tick late to throw it,  Still, the route concept they had designed was fucking stupid and that's on Downing/Vrabel.  The tipped INT's - those have been discussed ad naseum,  Tannehill's worst passes were the missed bomb to AJB and he missed a slant to him on a 3rd down albeit not sure that converts the down.

As for the QB input into the game plan, what level of authority he has to audible (he clearly has some), and just the team's offensive philosophy itself (we are going to do what we do and dare you to stop it) lends itself to these playoff debacles where the margin of error is infinitely smaller than when you play the Jags or Texans.  Some of that is getting a better balance of pass protection (it's no coincidence the best QB's have great pass pro) and having better depth at WR and TE - things that have hurt them come playoff time. 

11 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I agree with all of this and still think Tannehill needs to up his game. He knows it and so does everyone else. 

I agree - Tannehill and Henry need to bring A games to the playoffs but in both cases, they need the coaches to help that effort rather than hinder it.  They also need to be 4 deep at WR instead of having 1 or 2 guys capable of beating starting corners.

If Tannehill was average in last year’s playoffs we would have been in the AFCC. He missed a huge throw to AJ and threw 3 interceptions. He didn’t audible out of a 3rd and inches to a QB sneak and then did the same thing on 4th down. I’m not sure why you guys go to such lengths to defend poor/mediocre play. 

14 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Bud is right to note too much of the Cincinnati game is placed on Tannehill. I don’t agree with him, but I understand the sentiment as I’ve personally laid the blame as 50% Tannehill/40 Vrabel/Downing/10 Henry. It seems a lot of people want to blame it all on Tannehill and that isn’t the case. 

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If Tannehill was average in last year’s playoffs we would have been in the AFCC. He missed a huge throw to AJ and threw 3 interceptions. He didn’t audible out of a 3rd and inches to a QB sneak and then did the same thing on 4th down. I’m not sure why you guys go to such lengths to defend poor/mediocre play. 

Well, if only 1 of the INT's was truly on him (which you have agreed with) and the team REGULARLY runs into stacked boxes, it's hilarious that you're blaming Tannehill because the play was not successful. In fairness to Downing though, I would point out that the 3rd down play was the first time I remember a team stopping it.  It's been money since Tannehill took over.  That said, sneak should have been the play call.  It's almost like the play caller and HC were the bigger issues here.

And for the record, the Titans would also had been in the AFCC if they had converted a 2 pt conversion, Fulton didn't whiff on a tackle to flip the field for Cincy to get a FG, if the D had not allowed Cincy to easily roll down the field on the first drive of the 2nd half or to gain 20 yards in 1 play at the end.

Bud is a dummie so are all the tannehill fanboy club on these forums.

The tip ball is on him because that ball had no business going that direction to begin with. 

That same play has a run/pass option on the play, with tannehill either handing the football off on a split-zone design or throwing the bubble screen to the outside. Cincinnati showed a six-man front with seven defenders in the box, and Mike Hilton is on the edge outside the right tackle. The posterboy tannehill looks at the numbers up front, as well as the single coverage on the outside, and decides that the bubble screen is the best option, smh little did he know  Hilton works himself into the throwing lane.

Just watch the play again and see how the defensive back bends his path and gets upfield when he notices that tannehill is pulling the football. That read and adjustment puts him in position to deflect the pass, and he finished the play by catching his own tip for the turnover.

8 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Almost your entire post is lifted from this article. I don't post a lot here, but I just had to point out that you're attempting to pass off this article's words as your own LOL. https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2022/01/22/ryan-tannehill-tennessee-titans-cincinnati-bengals/

Edit: And sorry to the board for quoting. I had to share because it's just so sad.

Well many have this tard on ignore so I only see his blather when someone quotes him.  Not surprised as the grammar used was too good for it to be his.....and of course he's wrong anyway.....

The problem with that interception is that he threw the exact pass on the exact same play earlier in the game and the same thing happened but the guy dropped it...

he did nothing to counter it, no pump or delay. 

it was just bad football from the qb. 

2 minutes ago, titanruss said:

The problem with that interception is that he threw the exact pass on the exact same play earlier in the game and the same thing happened but the guy dropped it...

he did nothing to counter it, no pump or delay. 

it was just bad football from the qb. 

Wrong as always.  They did run the exact same play but it was a 3 yard completion to Rogers.  You have a real problem with lying on here if you think it suits your dumb ass narratives.

PS - You don't pump on bubble screens dipshit.

4 hours ago, Atlas said:

Almost your entire post is lifted from this article. I don't post a lot here, but I just had to point out that you're attempting to pass off this article's words as your own LOL. https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2022/01/22/ryan-tannehill-tennessee-titans-cincinnati-bengals/

LOL. I don't know what's sadder, the fact that he has to resort to plaguarizing someone else's "work", or the fact that it's still wrong, or the fact that he had to steal from the Bongo playbook!