• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After I see how good he is I'll make a judgement on his guilt or innocence 

A Titan defender that can hit somebody!  I like it

They released her at the scene.  She went to the hospital 4 days later.  Almost like she found out who he was.....$$$$$    

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

If so.......I like it.  Weaver is going to be solid as a rotational piece.  This story is a NOTHINGBURGER.  

Again, it still comes down to..... If the front office even asks 1 single question to themselves along the lines of "what can we possibly do more that that other teams may be doing" then they disagree with you

You're doubling and tripling down on arguing for some notion that people should not attempt  to learn from their mistakes

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Just now, Bongo59 said:

I could care less if the scouts or Jrob learns anything

Got it. We just inherently disagree on knowledge and experience meaning anything going forward.

No point in arguing against that stance

21 hours ago, tgo said:

He's talking about those reporters insinuating that the scouts he talked to from other teams and reported on could be lying about what they knew. 

This is whati am thinking. Its just like how everyone and their mom now claims that they knew something was off with wilson. 

3 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Exactly, by the 4th round you are just picking a need and the highest available player to fit that need. You have no idea who will be there at that time. You cannot vet every player out there.  You just hope that if he had a problem it would be public information. The fact this happened so fast before the draft pretty much excuses Jrob.

Oh look...a smart post.

18 minutes ago, Callidus said:

This is whati am thinking. Its just like how everyone and their mom now claims that they knew something was off with wilson. 

Difference here is that these sources are anonymous and therefore won't get any "credit" for knowing. What's the incentive to lie about knowing something if no one even knows you're the one making that claim? Makes no sense that they would lie. 

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Difference here is that these sources are anonymous and therefore won't get any "credit" for knowing. What's the incentive to lie about knowing something if no one even knows you're the one making that claim? Makes no sense that they would lie. 

Only possible motive would be a rival team's scout or a disgruntled former Titans scouts just trying to help sow discord, but seems unlikely that that many would lie. 

14 minutes ago, tgo said:

Only possible motive would be a rival team's scout or a disgruntled former Titans scouts just trying to help sow discord, but seems unlikely that that many would lie. 

Exactly. People wanting to believe that the scouts are lying because they want to let the Titans off the hook doesn't mean that the scouts are lying. I believe PK's reporting.

Just now, Mythos27 said:

Exactly. People wanting to believe that the scouts are lying because they want to let the Titans off the hook doesn't mean that the scouts are lying. I believe PK's reporting.

I don't think the scouts are lying but the reactionary response that because a few scouts knew the Titans should have known is fallacy. 

Just now, Mythos27 said:

At this point, what's done is done and the best we can probably hope for is that the young scouts are learning lessons. 

Hopefully the Weaver situation is overblown and it blows over and Weaver can play this year. If he did what is reported, then he should be held accountable but also given a chance to learn/grow and be put on final warning notice going forward. 

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I don't think the scouts are lying but the reactionary response that because a few scouts knew the Titans should have known is fallacy. 

Hypothetically, how many teams knowing would it take for you to change your stance and feel like the Titans should've known?

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain a plausible scenario that allows teams to adequately  monitor for legal issues a few days before the draft for all players on their draft boards

Real question - do you think the only scenario where any team could possibly get this information from is by having a scout in the right place at the right time? If you think there's literally no other way besides that then sure, why even bother looking into a solution.

But you honestly don't think it's even worth asking yourself just one single time, how did those other teams know?

Edited by wiscotitansfan