Rashad Weaver Charged with Simple Assault

tgo

18 minutes ago, oldschool said:

So you think the scouts are going to call the agent or local sources for everyone on their draft board daily, weekly leading up to the draft? can you imagine if someone called you daily asking if you commited a crime or were involved in an altercation? sounds like a bridge too far. 

I mean, i feel like I've been pretty clear here: 1 phone call 2-3 days before the draft. I have no idea where you are getting this idea of daily phone calls from. Even if it's 200 players break it up among the scouts. It's not as untenable as you seem to think it is. Hell if a 5 minute phone call seems like too much, send an email with read receipts. That way you can say you reached out and they either didn't reply or lied and you have time-stamped proof. Do something that either gets you more info or covers your ass. 

Edited by Mythos27

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After I see how good he is I'll make a judgement on his guilt or innocence 

A Titan defender that can hit somebody!  I like it

They released her at the scene.  She went to the hospital 4 days later.  Almost like she found out who he was.....$$$$$    

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I mean, i feel like I've been pretty clear here: 1 phone call 2-3 days before the draft. I have no idea where you are getting this idea of daily phone calls from. Even if it's 200 players break it up among the scouts. It's not as untenable as you seem to think it is. Hell if a 5 minute phone call seems like too much, send an email with read receipts. That way you can say you reached out and they either didn't reply or lied and you have time-stamped proof. Do something that either gets you more info or covers your ass. 

This is already standard practice with area scouts around the league, so I would surely hope the Titans are doing that as part of their process. But it isn't fool proof. 

43 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

A phone call a day or 2 before the draft wouldn't have changed anything, the charges didn't show up till friday.

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

A phone call a day or 2 before the draft wouldn't have changed anything, the charges didn't show up till friday.

Wrong, this was misreported. 

The charges were filed on April 20, the Summons was filed Friday the 30th. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

It's the responsibility of the area scouts in the days leading up to the draft to place a final call to their regional prospects to wrap things up and make sure nothing happened and they haven't gotten injured. 

This is what all teams do. So the question is if the scout didn't due their due diligence or whether the scout was lied to. 

Hopefully for Weaver's sake, it's on the scout for not following up thoroughly or not having a full bevy of connections at Pitt. 

1. This is your assumption. We don't know 2. This is incredibly inefficient and opens the door for for many other transgressions and right to work issues especially for potential union members 3. Not all altercations are created equal and agents serve their clients first 4. This is the dumbest shit I've heard in a long time

2 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

I really do find this made up narrative that Robinson is afraid of Vrabel and the subsequent lazy analysis that any decision or move that doesn't work is assumed to be Vrabel's cuckholding of his boss.

Robinson hired Vrabel because they are aligned in philosophy and by all indications they are close and have a great working relationship.  If there was a big issue between the two, I'd think Arthur Smith would be the head coach right now and we wouldn't have purged half the defensive roster......

Wow!  I couldn't imagine you thought that way.

Vrabel's influence isn't anything our of line here.  The whole issue 27 pages and counting is a nothing burger.  Me, you and everyone who posts here wanted more help off the edge.  The pick got an A in just about every draft grade report.  It's not a bad mark on anybody.  Shit happens.

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

With one phone call they can either find out or at the very least be able to cover their asses later on by pointing out that they tried to find out and were lied to. It's not that complicated. No one expects teams to contact the FBI or something. Make a phone call to the agents of the guys you are seriously considering drafting a couple of days before the draft. You're about to invest millions of dollars into these guys, is a phone call really too much? Btw, how many teams would need to know for you to feel differently?

You may do that for the guys you are looking at in the 1st or 2nd round. By the time the 4th round rolls around, how do you know who’s even going to be available?

9 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Wow!  I couldn't imagine you thought that way.

Vrabel's influence isn't anything our of line here.  The whole issue 27 pages and counting is a nothing burger.  Me, you and everyone who posts here wanted more help off the edge.  The pick got an A in just about every draft grade report.  It's not a bad mark on anybody.  Shit happens.

The inference that Robinson is picking players, despite flags in his scouting evaluations, because Vrabel wants them is laughably dumb and has zero evidence.  It's used routinely on here by people that either hate Vrabel or excessively love Robinson.

And whether it's you claiming Vrabel is bullying Robinson or the moron claiming Robinson has a man crush on Vrabel, it's just a ridiculous, made up narrative. 

We drafted an edge player.  A huge need, one Robinson has thrown money at in FA as well because it's been a huge hole on the team for a number of years.

Edited by BudsOilers

17 minutes ago, oldschool said:

1. This is your assumption. We don't know 2. This is incredibly inefficient and opens the door for for many other transgressions and right to work issues especially for potential union members 3. Not all altercations are created equal and agents serve their clients first 4. This is the dumbest shit I've heard in a long time

Lol no, I do fucking know. Dave McGinnis has said this, Webster has said it, and PK wrote about it in his report the other day and it is pretty common knowledge among people that have extensively followed scouting and the pre draft process (not you). The Titans recently did a process walkthrough video series a few months back where they mentioned the final tie up as well. 

Your uninformed contrarianism on this is tiresome at this point. 

You’re making excuses for the front office when other teams’ scouting staffs clearly knew about the incident beforehand. 

It’s not the end of the world, but the point is that they need to either tighten up the process and expand the connection networks of the younger area scouts or hire more experienced area scouts, which is unlikely. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, BudsOilers said:

The inference that Robinson is picking players, despite flags in his scouting evaluations, because Vrabel wants them is laughably dumb and has zero evidence.  It's used routinely on here by people that either hate Vrabel or excessively love Robinson.

We drafted an edge player.  A huge need, one Robinson has thrown money at in FA as well because it's been a huge hole on the team for a number of years.

After reading through your post, I see we agree.  Edge is a huge need.  

Just now, tgo said:

Lol no, I do fucking know. Dave McGinnis has said this, Webster has said it, and PK wrote about it in his report the other day and it is pretty common knowledge among people that have extensively followed scouting and the draft. The Titans recently did a process walkthrough video series a few months back where they mentioned the final tie up as well. 

Your uninformed contrarianism on this is tiresome at this point. 

It's common place to do this.  What we don't know is whether the Titans did this or not with Weaver, if Weaver didn't say anything, or even the likely scenario of timing where nobody knew on 4/30 or 5/1 that a charge was coming down.  I personally doubt we find out the actual sequence of events.

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

After reading through your post, I see we agree.  Edge is a huge need.  

Yeah but there's zero evidence that Vrabel is forcing Robinson to make picks contrary to his draft board.  Which is what was alleged....

What I dont know is whether the Titans knew and are lying. That’s excusable and I’m making an assumption that they are telling the truth that they weren’t aware of the incident. What isn’t totally excusable is them not knowing when several other teams did, in light of recent events. 

This is not a major story.  If it happened to the Jags or the Colts, I wouldn't think much of it.  

If Weaver get 4+ sacks this season, which is a lot for the Titans it won't be dug back up in Febuary.