Wentz traded to Indy

IrishTitansFan

If there was a situation for Wentz to bounce back, it was with the Colts. The Reich connection, good OL, solid run game, etc. is really what Wentz needs.

There were a lot of fingers to point at the Eagles last year. Wentz was certainly one of them. Clean slate with a good situation isn't exactly what I want to see in our division. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carson Wentz hasn't gotten any worse. He's just always been mediocre.                

Well, much prefer they have Wentz than Stafford or Watson...

Barring a huge turnaround, Wentz is a terrible starting QB. Even Sam Bradford netted a first, the compensation proves the leagues valuation of Wentz, especially with Phillys high initial asking price

Posted Images

Alright, the best thing for our short term success would be the Colts missing out on the QB musical chairs and having to run with Eason. 

So now we are dealing with Wentz. I think those who pretend to really know one way or another are projecting too strong. He was bad last season, the supporting cast was right there with him. 

The Colts have assembled one of the best rosters in the NFL. The have a great defense, a great running game, and a coaching staff that should maximize whatever Wentz has left. 

But he's only 28. I really wish he would have cost them more. 

14 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

And perhaps some of that was because their receivers suck?  Clearly not all because I saw plenty of clips where Wentz did not take the open play. 

That being said, PFF to me is far more reliable than ESPN's metrics in QBR or their asinine pass/run block win rates....

I’m having a rough time rectifying your stance with the one you had with Mariota. They’re very similar players. Both had brief stretches of good play followed by tons of unnecessary sacks and needless terrible throws into coverage. 

6 minutes ago, Bink said:

Alright, the best thing for our short term success would be the Colts missing out on the QB musical chairs and having to run with Eason. 

So now we are dealing with Wentz. I think those who pretend to really know one way or another are projecting too strong. He was bad last season, the supporting cast was right there with him. 

The Colts have assembled one of the best rosters in the NFL. The have a great defense, a great running game, and a coaching staff that should maximize whatever Wentz has left. 

But he's only 28. I really wish he would have cost them more. 

2018, 19 & 20. He’s been bad for 3 years. Anyone who watched him play knows he won’t succeed. He’s a bigger armed Mariota. The comparison to Locker is legit. 

Also, the fact it only cost them this much shows how terrible he’s been the past few years and on a steady decline past mediocrity. 

Whew.. league must have been waaaay down on Wentz. 

So many idiots here loved to pretend of having an acute eye and were claiming some special talent there that he clearly wasn't displaying on the field 

5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m having a rough time rectifying your stance with the one you had with Mariota. They’re very similar players. Both had brief stretches of good play followed by tons of unnecessary sacks and needless terrible throws into coverage. 

Well for one, the Titans had a good OL, good run game, and good receivers for almost the entire time after his rookie year.  Wentz 2019/2020 has not had that.

Wentz has a higher upside talent wise though.

Just now, BudsOilers said:

Well for one, the Titans had a good OL, good run game, and good receivers for almost the entire time after his rookie year.  Wentz 2019/2020 has not had that.

Wentz has a higher upside talent wise though.

He does have higher upside into being an actual mediocre QB. 

I'd also point out the obvious - Indy certainly thinks Wentz is better than Mariota.  They could have signed dumb dumb last year or even traded for him now.  Instead, they trade a much higher price and take on a much bigger contract. 

Wentz >>>>> Mariota

Since we all know the Wentz disdain is all rooted in someone saying years ago that Wentz was better.

Just now, BudsOilers said:

I'd also point out the obvious - Indy certainly thinks Wentz is better than Mariota.  They could have signed dumb dumb last year or even traded for him now.  Instead, they trade a much higher price and take on a much bigger contract. 

Wentz >>>>> Mariota

Since we all know the Wentz disdain is all rooted in someone saying years ago that Wentz was better.

He’s obviously better than Mariota, but the comparison is spot on. Wentz’s ceiling is a game manager who doesn’t constantly turn the ball over and take a ton of sacks. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s obviously better than Mariota, but the comparison is spot on. Wentz’s ceiling is a game manager who doesn’t constantly turn the ball over and take a ton of sacks. 

He was more than that in 2017, which clearly is the version Indy is trading for.