Falcons Waive Takk McKinley

tgo

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

Marino also had a super quick release.  He wasn't fast at all but he got the ball out quick and as you stated he had great pocket prescence.  During the latter half (90s) of his career, I wonder whether or not he would have been better off like Elway and running a ZBS system and not relying so much on him to win games.  I remember they added Keith Jackson at TE from PHI (who got underused in Buddy's conservative as heck Fisherball style O) and drafted OJ McDuffie in round 2.  I don't know if Marino couldn't have handled all the boots and rollouts though.  I think he blew out his achillies in 1994 which didn't help.  His last hurrah was that win on the road in the playoff game vs SEA. 

Good catch on the defense.  I remember Gardner was highly rated and slipped to their pick in the 20s because of a back injury.  He controlled the middle for a few years there.

It may have been Marshall.  I thought it was Jim Burt,  but you're probably right though.

It was Marshall.  Back in the day, Jim Burt crushed Montana in the 86 playoffs (the other Giant SB winner) but he was actually on the Niners in 1990 (went there in 89 and was on the SB team that destroyed Denver).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma about to be pissed he didn’t do it for her

What?   The rule is that all veterans are subject to waivers after the trade deadline and no one can be outright released. 

Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Ya fool me, can't get fooled again.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, rns90 said:

I think 91 Skins team gets kinda lost amongst the great teams of the 90s.  They didn't repeat which hurts them.  But they were really good and a complete team. 

I said a long time ago the 91 Redskins were the best team I ever saw. I was stationed at Ft Bragg and it was before Direct TV so I saw all the Skins games locally. 

Then a few analytical sites came a long and rated the best teams of all time and Football Outsiders and one of the other ones(forget) ranked the 91 Redskins the best team in NFL history. 

They really have some amazing stats. They were great in all 3 phases that season. They lost one game and the last game of the season when they rested everyone. 

The Redskins passing game was awesome that year but maybe better was their pass defense. Off memory they allowed 6 or 7 sacks for the entire season and were near the top in sacks. They led the league in yards per attempt and defensively led the league in yards attempt against. 3 of their first 5 games were shutouts....lol They led the league in yards per play defensively. They allowed a passer rating in the 50s. 

The Bills, their SB opponent had the 2nd best point differential in the league that year at 140, the Skins had the 3rd best point differential of all time at +281!

Most dominant well rounded team in NFL history. 

It's weird how thinking about some past NFL season can trigger some memory I had long forgotten.  After the Redskins won the Super Bowl, Kurt Gouveia came and visited our elementary school in the Spring of 1992.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:14 PM, bondra316v2 said:

To think I blocked rocket man because he was boring and terrible at trolling. 

I think I'm gonna unblock him. I want to see the whiny posts right before he gets the ban-hammer. Looks like @HollyHeap is trolling the fuck out of him from beyond the grave. 

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I think I'm gonna unblock him. I want to see the whiny posts right before he gets the ban-hammer. Looks like @HollyHeap is trolling the fuck out of him from beyond the grave. 

He's so angry.  He went from dull and a waste of time to OMG look at this kid explode.  Ms Heap reeled in another one.  This one should go to the archives.

35 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Outstanding!!  It brings me great pleasure to know I've provided so much entertainment to this board!  It's a dull as fuck plce anyways so why not spice it up a bit?  I only hope I'm not blocked before Sunday so I can come rub it in after old man rivers and his band of merry men assfuck you again just like they did in the first game.  Enjoy the game and give my regards to your fearless leader, ms. Heap.  Lmao.  

Is that kind of like when we ass raped you guys on national tv?

On 11/25/2020 at 1:20 PM, RocketBills said:

ROTLMAO!!!!  You made fun of a dead child as we were debating the best stretches the Bills and Oilers/Titans have ever had.  Should I quote you on what you said or copy the picture you put in here as the child lay on his death bed, clearly mocking him?  Saying that he 'flopped more than Jim Kelly"??  I said NOTHING foul or derogatory to you UNTIL you mocked that dead child, not once, not twice, but three times.  You are SICKENING and a disgrace to the human race.  I truly hope you NEVER have to know what it feels like to lose a child like that.  But in all honesty, after how you've acted on this forum, I could give a fuck less about you or your loved ones.  You are a waste of space and a piece of shit.  

Hey now. I'm the originator of the Heap topic mocking the dead kid! I demand some credit goddammit!