Biden Transition

tgo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/11/09/mcconnell-biden-bipartisanship/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_source=twitter

Re: Biden and McConnell

“They genuinely like each other. There was a mutual understanding there. Even though he was the vice president, Biden’s mannerisms, his behavior — the cadence; the language — it was very senatorial,” said Rohit Kumar, who served as McConnell’s top aide during these negotiations, and is now co-leader at the national tax office of PwC, a consulting firm. “If I sensed that, McConnell sensed it, too.”

"Advisers to McConnell and Biden expect the two leaders to be in much more frequent contact, and, perhaps optimistically, get more done. Biden advisers expect the president-elect to work with the Senate Republican leader on bipartisan stimulus negotiations, although formal negotiations have not yet begun, according to multiple people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to frankly discuss private conversations. McConnell has publicly said a stimulus package should be Congress’ top priority after the election."

"McConnell has returned praise for the former vice president. In December 2016, McConnell gave a speech on the Senate floor over legislation dedicated to fighting cancer in honor of Beau Biden, the president-elect’s late son, while praising Biden’s “tremendous effort” on behalf of the bill. Last week, McConnell called Biden an “old friend” and publicly insisted on a peaceful transfer of power — even as Trump and many GOP officials ramped up their attacks on the integrity of the election."

“There is a reason ‘Get Joe on the phone’ is shorthand for ‘time to get serious’ in my office,” McConnell said in 2016.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump's COVID advisory board:  Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Baron Trump and David Duke.

She’s only in a hard place because she refuses to do her job. Fuck her...

I don’t believe that at all. The Trump base has turned rabid. Im not talking about conservatives. I’m talking about his base. The ones with the microphones make up at least 30%. The ones who may or ma

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AvgJoe said:

A very angry Republican base that thought they had the election one. I also see Harris as the Dem Nominee and I don’t see her appealing to the Midwest being from CA as Biden did. Being from CA is really going to hurt Harris

How well did that anger work for dems with Bush jr?   Its 4 years away.   The candidate that the GOP pulls out of the hat has to mobilize the same groups to the same extent.   Given that its never been done in history- it seems unlikely. 

Just now, Starkiller said:

A 4-6 week lockdown would largely eliminate the virus here the same way lockdowns largely eliminated the virus in Europe and Asia back in April.

But it isn’t going to happen here.

It would be defied here anyway and is not enforceable practicably even if it could be legally executed at a federal level. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

As the WHO has stated, lockdowns are not the answer. And this guy has no idea what would revive the economy - he's not an economist or business expert. 

Moreover, the president doesn't have the authority to institute a national lockdown. 

And also, this is unhelpful politically in terms of the GA runoffs. 

don’t let that goofy looking fat fuck near the podium.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

As the WHO has stated, lockdowns are not the answer. And this guy has no idea what would revive the economy - he's not an economist or business expert. 

Moreover, the president doesn't have the authority to institute a national lockdown. 

And also, this is unhelpful politically in terms of the GA runoffs. 

There went the GA runoffs. Democrats are really starting to piss me off with their idiocy. 

11 minutes ago, tgo said:

Republican senator from OK trying to tactfully push for Biden to get intel briefings. 

Patience is running out.... clapper said they didn't even wait for GSA to recognize Trump won in 2016. The next day, they had a PDB ready to go and briefed Trump.