Titans Suspend In Person Activities After 8 COVID Positives

IrishTitansFan

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoever complained about the Titans not getting enough media attention...this is all YOUR fault! 

Pees definitely made the right decision to retire. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Assuming Simmons is asymptomatic and has two negative tests in back to back days between now and Thursday he could be back by Friday for practice. That is best case scenario. Same obviously goes for everyone else but it would seem some players or staff are showing symptoms now.

That is based on the idea that a player had a false positive test. With an actual outbreak going on we have to assume that none of these are false positives. They aren’t going to be able to pass a COVID test for a while.

59 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That is based on the idea that a player had a false positive test. With an actual outbreak going on we have to assume that none of these are false positives. They aren’t going to be able to pass a COVID test for a while.

That’s not true. There have been people who have tested positive and then shortly after tested negative. Happened in nascar with Jimmie Johnson and Austin Dillon.

Bleow is what the Sporting News article stated with regards to coming back:

“As for when players can return to the team, it depends. Below is the NFL's wording on its rules for players returning from COVID-19 cases.

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test; 

OR

Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; 

AND

At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms.”

So for those that are asymptomatic, it leaves open the door to return sooner than the others. Obviously it could be way longer. Wilson has been on it for nearly a month. It’s a case by case basis for each player. 

12 hours ago, headhunter said:

I know some people that had covid. Out of the 8 or so people one was bad off and he's in his 80s, everybody else barely had any symptoms. Mainly loss of taste and smell or a head cold. 

I know quite a few people in NYC who had COVID and then some family members in TN. 

They all contracted it in March

and they all say their lung capacity hasn’t returned to normal. 

11 minutes ago, Downtown said:

I know quite a few people in NYC who had COVID and then some family members in TN. 

They all contracted it in March

and they all say their lung capacity hasn’t returned to normal. 

Maybe the virus is not as strong as it was in March? I dunno

16 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

What on earth does this tweet mean? how could the type of contact seen on an NFL football field not be equivalent to the type of contact that is spreading the virus around the US community? The NFL sound delusional.

One thing I will note that has been consistent from the start is the emphasis of time put on transmission cases. It does seem that extended contact plays a real factor. 

The misconception is that being out doors doesn’t spread it and being distanced helps. It doesn’t. Read about the family that had a BBQ they were all outside masked up and 5

ofnthem got it and 3 died. This virus is just so god damn annoying I really am starting to think some people

who get it are just dirty nose pickers who eat their own boogers still

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

The misconception is that being out doors doesn’t spread it and being distanced helps. It doesn’t. Read about the family that had a BBQ they were all outside masked up and 5

ofnthem got it and 3 died. This virus is just so god damn annoying I really am starting to think some people

who get it are just dirty nose pickers who eat their own boogers still

If you get it from eating your own boogers, wouldn’t you have already had it in your nasal tract?!? 

45 minutes ago, Downtown said:

One thing I will note that has been consistent from the start is the emphasis of time put on transmission cases. It does seem that extended contact plays a real factor. 

Yeah for sure, but that's only because more time = more opportunity, surely. It's not an accumulative type of deal, right? seems odd that, if the general public tend to need about 15 minutes of close contact to achieve a transmission, the NFL would think that, because the proximity tracking didn't show any two players close for 15 minutes they should therefore be confident transmission hasn't occurred - the type of contact is not comparable to most public interactions (you'd hope!).

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

Maybe the virus is not as strong as it was in March? I dunno

Or maybe the lungs of professional athaletes are a bit stronger or they are "spouting bullshit" beacause they wanna play.

2 hours ago, OzTitan said:

What on earth does this tweet mean? how could the type of contact seen on an NFL football field not be equivalent to the type of contact that is spreading the virus around the US community? The NFL sound delusional.

This can only be explained by the insanely bad tackling we saw last weekend...