Lamar Still Crying.

TitansFan23

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jackson is a horrible passer, I suspect teams are going to copy the Titans and force him to pass from the pocket more and their offense will take a big step back. 

Lamar’s excuse making and talking about how they beat themselves (which is what he said after the game) reminds me of Fred Taylor during the 1999 season. Taylor simply could not accept or admit the Ti

Maybe that’s what the defensive players were meaning when they said Mariota helped them prepare. 

Posted Images

The two failed 4th down conversions when the game was still in question were huge and plays that they had converted 100% of the time until the Titan game.  Yeah it wasn't technically a turnover but it essentially was. 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:10 AM, OILERMAN said:

Jackson is a horrible passer, I suspect teams are going to copy the Titans and force him to pass from the pocket more and their offense will take a big step back. 

What? That’s not what happened at all lol You really think the Titans in the playoffs were the first team to employ that trite strategy? He was not a horrible passer last season. The Titans won because they got turnovers and stopped the Ravens when they went for it on 4th down multiple times. The Ravens also had 6 drops. Jackson threw for 350+ and ran for 140+. The Titans did wisely filter everything outside to use the boundary and stopped Ingram though. 

I’m not taking anything away from the Titans. We bullied them. But let’s not pretend it was because they employed some brilliant strategy. A strategy that people have been using against mobile quarterbacks for decades.

Edited by TeamRamrod

23 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

What? That’s not what happened at all lol You really think the Titans in the playoffs were the first team to employ that trite strategy? He was not a horrible passer last season. The Titans won because they got turnovers and stopped the Ravens when they went for it on 4th down multiple times. The Ravens also had 6 drops. Jackson threw for 350+ and ran for 140+. The Titans did wisely filter everything outside to use the boundary and stopped Ingram though. 

I’m not taking anything away from the Titans. We bullied them. But let’s not pretend it was because they employed some brilliant strategy. A strategy that people have been using against mobile quarterbacks for decades.

He played very poorly that game. He was erratic and a turnover machine in the playoff game. He got exposed. It’s up to him to take on the responsibility of getting better or continuing to lose his shit. 

6 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

His stats last season or in that game are not the result of him being a good passer. He completed 51% in the Titans game and had a 61 passer rating. He was terrible. 

And the Ravens are a very good TEAM with a unique offense, they are hard to stop. They do a good job hiding his passing limitations

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

His stats last season or in that game are not the result of him being a good passer. He completed 51% in the Titans game and had a 61 passer rating. He was terrible. 

And the Ravens are a very good TEAM with a unique offense, they are hard to stop. They do a good job hiding his passing limitations

Correct. The same way Vince Young’s limitations were hidden. Titans had the personnel and gave a blue print on how to stop the Ravens. The fact we have Evans, Brown, and Long at MLB was a huge game changer having strong spy’s for his running. 

I fully expect us to beat them again this season 

1 minute ago, reb9000tn said:

Actually it is similiar. If you kick the ball you change the field position. or kick a field goal you put points on the board. If you go on 4th and miss you have nothing to show for it and the other team takes over just like a fumble.  They should have taken the field goal to make it 14-9. It would have put more pressure on us. 

Yes it's a turnover but the fault is with Harbaugh for chasing.

10 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

He played very poorly that game. He was erratic and a turnover machine in the playoff game. He got exposed. It’s up to him to take on the responsibility of getting better or continuing to lose his shit. 

That has nothing to do with what I said. I don’t care what he said recently, I was addressing Oman’s post.

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Ah yes. Passer rating and completion percentage. The two most misleading statistics on quarterbacks that people moved on from as an evaluation tool like 10 years ago. (Oh and by the way. If we do want to consider those two stats reliable, Jackson was 3rd in the entire league in passer rating and top 10 in completion percentage last season.)

And your second point is totally useless. You originally said the Titans showed the league the blueprint on how to stop Lamar by simply forcing him to sit in the pocket and throw. That’s a fallacy based on what you just said. Many teams have employed that strategy. You only

have to look at week 1 to see that.

I’m not saying he’s an elite passer. That was never the argument. Saying he was horrible last season and that there is an easy blueprint to stopping the Ravens offense is hyperbolic. Maybe they’ll fall apart this season, but it won’t be because of the brilliant strategy of “forcing him to throw from the pocket”.

1 hour ago, TeamRamrod said:

Ah yes. Passer rating and completion percentage. The two most misleading statistics on quarterbacks that people moved on from as an evaluation tool like 10 years ago. (Oh and by the way. If we do want to consider those two stats reliable, Jackson was 3rd in the entire league in passer rating and top 10 in completion percentage last season.)

And your second point is totally useless. You originally said the Titans showed the league the blueprint on how to stop Lamar by simply forcing him to sit in the pocket and throw. That’s a fallacy based on what you just said. Many teams have employed that strategy. You only

have to look at week 1 to see that.

I’m not saying he’s an elite passer. That was never the argument. Saying he was horrible last season and that there is an easy blueprint to stopping the Ravens offense is hyperbolic. Maybe they’ll fall apart this season, but it won’t be because of the brilliant strategy of “forcing him to throw from the pocket”.

If he is forced to throw from the pocket in his current state, they won't win a lot of games.  You are making it sound like you believe he is just dissecting teams back there, when he is actually not.  His running ability is what opens things up.