Lamar Still Crying.

TitansFan23

There is some truth to the fact the game wasn't nearly the blowout lots of Titans fans think it was. There were some key plays late in the 2nd and early in the 3rd that sealed the game. That being said, Jackson's stats should not be used as some sort of counter that he's not a bad passer. When he plays against teams with good defenses and good schemes and doesn't get a big lead in the 1st, he struggles to make plays in the passing game. That was really the big point that was being made.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jackson is a horrible passer, I suspect teams are going to copy the Titans and force him to pass from the pocket more and their offense will take a big step back. 

Lamar’s excuse making and talking about how they beat themselves (which is what he said after the game) reminds me of Fred Taylor during the 1999 season. Taylor simply could not accept or admit the Ti

Maybe that’s what the defensive players were meaning when they said Mariota helped them prepare. 

Posted Images

On 6/17/2020 at 6:22 AM, OILERMAN said:

Yes

The QB has to be able to consistently make accurate passes, if he can't it's not sustainable 

Was McNabb the most successful inaccurate QB in recent times?

4 minutes ago, japan said:

Was McNabb the most successful inaccurate QB in recent times?

Not a bad description 

He numbers were def a product of volume 

40 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

How did this reach the point where we are arguing if he had a great game.  He didn't.  Nobody is disputing that.  My point was simply we can't judge the guys "sustainability" on ONE fing game that had everything go right for us and everything go wrong for them.  A team that went 14-2 and Jackson was the MVP and one game is defining him as a one trick pony?  And only in his 2nd season?  Good God moron. 

You brought this on yourself by citing the yardage numbers in the Titans game as some feat when it was about as bad of a 500 yard offense game you'll ever see out of a player.

As for the criticisms, it's certainly relatable to how he projects going forward as the Titans' game plan will undoubtedly be duplicated by other teams.  The idea that they will just steamroll teams in the first half like they did in 2019 is as difficult to replicate as it will be for the Titans to be 86% in the red zone.

He's is not consistently accurate nor does he possess great ball placement accuracy.  If they have to rely on him to pass the ball, they are likely to lose.  Unless he improves significantly as a passer, there's a limit to how good he'll really be in terms of winning playoff games.

Edited by BudAdams

30 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

It is possible but again, Jackson is only in his 2nd season and his best outside WR was a rookie.  He is a dynamic player that can beat you multiple ways.  The Titan game was more of an outlier than the norm last year and many teams had not clue how to stop them.  He was a 113 rated QB last year with only 6 ints all season.  We get two ints in one game and now that is the norm?  Really?  The kid ran for 1200 yards (7.9 YPC) , as much as many real good RBs.  He was close to taking a few to the house against us.  

It is always hard to predict guys that utilize the run that much but to his credit he improved dramatically passing the ball between 2018 and 2019.

Against good-great defenses in the playoffs, unless they get lucky and get a great lead, he is going to flounder. 

He just isn’t a great passer. 

Playoff football is much different, as we saw in the playoffs. 

I don't know how anyone could have watched that game and thought that Jackson had a good game. The one thing that sticks out in my is that HE COULD NOT make throws consistently outside/to the numbers (sound familiar?).  They were like slow and some of throws looked like ugly ducks.  I don't care what the stats say, he stunk.

8 hours ago, BudAdams said:

They'll lose all of the time if Lamar Jackson is passing it 63 times in a game.

Exactly. If you asked Pees and Vrabel the odds of winning that game with Jackson passing that much both would respond over 90%. 

On 6/18/2020 at 1:32 PM, bizzyeddie said:

How long does Lamar need to sustain it for it to be considered sustainable?

Depends on what he's sustaining. His running ability is the best I've ever seen at that position and will last until he starts racking up injuries. Hard to predict when he'll start getting hurt but looking at his frame I can't imagine he lasts longer than Cam. If his passing ability stays exactly where it is and doesn't develop, the Ravens won't ever win it all. He's just not a good enough passer right now. That said, he's still very young and improved as a passer from his first year. The question is can he improve fast enough before NFL defenders break him.

Edited by Mythos27

28 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Depends on what he's sustaining. His running ability is the best I've ever seen at that position and will last until he starts racking up injuries. Hard to predict when he'll start getting hurt but looking at his frame I can't imagine he lasts longer than Cam. If his passing ability stays exactly where it is and doesn't develop, the Ravens won't ever win it all. He's just not a good enough passer right now. That said, he's still very young and improved as a passer from his first year. The question is can he improve fast enough before NFL defenders break him.

He was looking really bad in the playoff game. His running ability is off the charts, though. I don’t think that’s sustainable.