Jeremy Fowler just reported the Titans believe they can beat the Patriots in the race to sign Tom Brady

7 minutes ago, Doogie said:

Heard this same line of thinking on one of the talk shows the other day. If the Titans can get Brady for less money than Tannehill you would think they would jump on it. Props to Tanny for last season but it's a small sample size and his injury history is a concern. 

With Brady you can point at his down year last year but you have to consider who he was playing with. 

If you can sign Brady for cheaper than you do it and draft a developmental QB. 

So sign Brady to a one or two year deal or Tannehill a 5 year deal. Its an easy decision, you sign Tanny

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll pay for @OILERMAN's funeral.

Posted Images

Just now, headhunter said:

So sign Brady to a one or two year deal or Tannehill a 5 year deal. Its an easy decision, you sign Tanny

I'm with Reo, it's not a bad outcome either way. I think Brady and Tanny are above average QBs. Pros and cons to each side of things. 

I think alot depends on the price tag. If you can get Brady for around 20 a year and Tanny wants 30 a year I say roll with Brady. 

If the price tag is both 20 I'm really torn. I would say go with Tanny for the same price tag as you have a greater chance of continued success. 

Another thing to consider is how long Brady really wants to play. Doubt he would only come for a single year? 

Too often around here when you start arguing that something could happen, people start to think you're arguing that you want it to happen. I'm cool w/ Brady or Tannehill. I'm not a huge fan of breaking the bank for Tannehill but if they do it, i'll get over it but same goes for Brady.

If we did go w/ Brady though, I'd like a 2 year deal then draft a QB next year. I don't really want to draft one this year.

5 minutes ago, Doogie said:

I'm with Reo, it's not a bad outcome either way. I think Brady and Tanny are above average QBs. Pros and cons to each side of things. 

I think alot depends on the price tag. If you can get Brady for around 20 a year and Tanny wants 30 a year I say roll with Brady. 

If the price tag is both 20 I'm really torn. I would say go with Tanny for the same price tag as you have a greater chance of continued success. 

Another thing to consider is how long Brady really wants to play. Doubt he would only come for a single year? 

You guys are all ignoring the fact that he could fall off a cliff at any time since he is 43.  Also his cap number was 21 last year, I don't see him settling for less than 25 at least.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

You guys are all ignoring the fact that he could fall off a cliff at any time since he is 43.  Also his cap number was 21 last year, I don't see him settling for less than 25 at least.

No one is ignoring that. It's a concern.

4 minutes ago, rns90 said:

He started falling off that cliff last year. If we don't sign RT, I'd look elsewhere for a QB besides Brady. He's old, he's an asshole and he's a Trump supporter. 3 strikes and you're out. 

10 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

He started falling off that cliff last year. If we don't sign RT, I'd look elsewhere for a QB besides Brady. He's old, he's an asshole and he's a Trump supporter. 3 strikes and you're out. 

The Trump part is definitely the biggest concern.  Forget the other things.

21 minutes ago, rns90 said:

We are not ignoring that possibility.  I am considering his surrounding cast last year as a cause for his numbers. 

You may be ignoring that fact that Tanny may fall off a cliff this year or get injured. I personally don't think his play will fall off but it is a possibility.  

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The Trump part is definitely the biggest concern.  Forget the other things.

That's the biggest concern?  Who cares about a player's political affiliations race, or sexual orientation.

Mariota being closeted didn't bother me.  The fact he couldn't play QB did.

16 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

recursive trump GIF

The fact that he is a trump supporter is a glaring positive! ?

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

That's the biggest concern?  Who cares about a player's political affiliations race, or sexual orientation.

Mariota being closeted didn't bother me.  The fact he couldn't play QB did.

We needed that post like a hole in the wall.

Edited by scine09

1 hour ago, reo said:

Seems pretty obvious that the Titans are trying to sign Tannehill to a long term deal but not break the bank.

But Tannehill is asking for a huge contract which the Titans aren't going to pay and are using Brady as leverage to try and get his number down.

If he doesn't cave, then we'll see if the Titans let him walk an go for Brady or if they cave and give him what he wants. Personally, I think in that scenario they go for Brady but we'll have to wait and see.

I think this depends on whether or not Tannehill caves on his demands to stay here.

I also wonder if the QB class this year will have any role in how the Titans play it. Meaning, if they sign Brady will they draft a guy sooner than they would if they sign Tannehill?

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I also wonder if the QB class this year will have any role in how the Titans play it. Meaning, if they sign Brady will they draft a guy sooner than they would if they sign Tannehill?

If they sign Tannehill, the only way they draft a QB would be the mid to late rounds.

If they signed Brady, I could see them drafting one in the 1st or 2nd... but I'd hope they'd hold off on that until next year.