Bloomberg Is Finished

NFLStudent

5 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

BTW conservative Dems actually liked Bloomberg's debate performance, which should frighten everyone. ?

He had a couple of good moments; he had an ad in his back pocket that he started running right after about an African American young man who got a second chance through one of his philanthropic projects and was carpet bombing it all over the airways the past two days and he agreed to lift the 3 NDAs that involved him personally, pretty good damage control. His organization definitely know what they're doing. While EW's interrogation made for good tv, it didn't make her case any as far as being presidential.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would obviously vote for Bloomberg over Trump based on the issues. But it would make me nauseous to do so.   He's apparently racist, sexist and excessively narcissistic. My personal read o

Once again, the only thing I like about Bloomberg is that he drives Trump crazy.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

Besides the unrealistic, way too short transition period; the other aspect of both Bernie's and EW's MFA plans, which would greatly benefit me, btw; is the zero deductible, no copayment aspect which might work in other countries, would swamp the current infrastructure in this country. Certain individuals would be running to the clinic or doctor's office for every sniffle or minor affliction that doesn't require treatment. While it plays well on the campaign trail it's like putting a huge bowl of candy in a room full of only children with a sign that says only take one.

@Mythos27

The above is 100% correct. The system is simply not ready for it based on logistics and the fact Americans are stupid. My girl is a nurse for Vanderbilt. Their clinics as is are an absolute mess. I mean it. People think they’re the ER. 

7 hours ago, Number9 said:

The dems would be smart to ask him to leave.  They may not win without him, but they need to understand they can’t win with him.   

Are you insane? Dems have 0 chance of winning if they "ask Bernie to leave" and he starts a 3rd party. 

Also what does it even mean to be Democrat? Isn't that exactly wheat the primary is designed to answer? The primary that Bernie is clearly winning...

4 hours ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Are you insane? Dems have 0 chance of winning if they "ask Bernie to leave" and he starts a 3rd party. 

Also what does it even mean to be Democrat? Isn't that exactly wheat the primary is designed to answer? The primary that Bernie is clearly winning...

I know they will not toss him.  

I'm just saying his message is a national election loser.  The pubs will distort everything he proposes and it'll take the focus off the terrible job DT has done.  The way to win is running against DT record.  If he's spending time trying to defend free tuition and forgiving student load debt, he takes the mind of the people away from DT's terrible record.

His message isn't what the majority of dems want and it's not what the majority of Americans want.  

On 2/18/2020 at 4:05 PM, Pragidealist said:

It comes down to that I have no faith in Bernie because he wants an all or nothing approach and does not appear to show any sympathy, comprehension, or understanding regarding the massive change and negative effects this could produce.   Every other candidate will acknowledge these and have tried to find ways to offset those difficulties. Bernie talks about it in unyielding and uncompromisng terms. 

Here are the types of questions that I have (and no- I haven't researched or read what is currently proposed to know if all of these are answered). 

• The automatic creation of a Medicare for all creates a single payer.  Will that be managed by MCO's or directly by CMS?  I imagine, because of Bernie's dislike of for profit organizations- that he sees that managed directly by a federal agency. 
  • What happens to all of those managed care businesses and commercial businesses?  They employ A LOT of people.  Many of which specialize in managing credentialing, network management, user utilization, contract management , provider engagement- even health home management and care coordinators.  Do you know that many MCO's (for profit) have care coordinators that attempt to track down clients and ensure they get into care?  What happens to those?  What happens to the economy when they leave the workforce?
  • So if all billing goes to Medicare for all-  who are going to process those claims?  What will the volume look like?  Can the new system handle that volume and pay providers on time?   
  • If we go to Medicare for all what billing codes change? What will those changes require from IT staff across the country?  
  • It can take up to 6 months to get a provider credentialed with a payer. If we move to medicare for all that means all the providers have to be credentialed with medicare.  How can medicare for all handle that volume of credentialing needs?  Because until they are credentialed-  providers can't get paid. 
  • If we standardize the fee schedules at the federal level, how does that work, related to local markets? The cost to hire an MD or a therapists is not the same in urban Atlanta as it is in rural Indiana.    Does the fee schedule take that into account?
  • If we move to all providers having contracts with a federal agency- who creates those individual provider contracts?  Do they have the staffing and needed resources to "onboard" and create contracts for all the new providers?
  • If we standardize quality of care at the federal level- will those standards be affordable for providers in poorer markets?  

I could go on and on and on.  Any of the candidates with a moderate - phased in approach has a built in mechanism for these types of considerations.  We basically run two systems until the new one is ready.   That's a pretty standard process for any large new system.  For example if an organization is changing their General Ledger system- most of the time the new org keeps both for a period of time until the new one is working well and without errors. They then slowly load test it or test it per program or business unit.  

In a merger, often  you'll combine two companies and the new company will keep all of their old systems for a period of time until an executive team can plan out the piece by piece change - as its ready for that change.  

Bernie's plan is a "rip the band aid off plan."  Declare the new world, sign it in place and go.     That's a disaster waiting to happen. 

Any decent plan is a moderate plan that keeps both systems in tact for an unspecified amount of time OR looks to slowing transition the old way to into the way. 

All I see from Bernie or fantasy level promises.. no indication he sees the hugely negative impact his approach and ideological mindset will have on the care people get or the jobs people have.   Its largely because he's a near 80 year old millionaire who has never had to execute anything. It cost him nothing to sell the fantasy.     

@rns90