2020 Free Agency News and Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t care if you donate or not, @8MM ...   But there is a PayPal link that is one time literally right beside the Patreon one. People give what they want when they want. There was even a

Probably in exchange for JJ Watt and the Texans best remaining draft pick...

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

A couple of tweets here showing in one place what JRob has actually done so far this offseason.

These are the percentage of snaps played for players lost/we might lose. We're losing a pretty significant amount of role players snaps.

Gone - Offense

Sharpe - 43.7%

Lewis - 37.3%

? - Defense

Logan Ryan - 99.6% of snaps

Kamalei Correa - 39.3%

Wesley Woodyard - 29.3%

Tye Smith - 19%

Gone - Defense

Casey - 64.6% of snaps

Sims - 30.1%

Johnson - 29.2%

BTW Casey played 64.6% of snaps in 2019, 75.9%  in 2018 and 79.5% in 2017. His drop in performance and drop in % of snaps is probably a large reason for getting rid of him.

Edited by Titans279

21 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28949823/inside-2020-nfl-free-agent-contract-numbers-really-got-best-deals

Good article - talks about what good deals RT and Cousins got.  Also mentions that Conklin's deal has voidable 4th and 5th years, which I don't recall being reported before.

They always said Conklin signed a 3 year deal. I guess they just wanted to spread out the signing bonus cap hit more and the voidable seasons are player controlled.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The only question is whether JRob pulls the trigger and takes Henry's long term replacement or is he looking for a complimentary 3rd down back.

Could be both, he'll def get a 3rd down type RB

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

I could see them signing a low cost veteran RB after the draft as insurance for Henry and then taking a more explosive type RB in the draft, Florida St Cam Akers and Memphis Antonio Gibson are two guys I would be interested in if somehow they found their way to pick #93. 

21 minutes ago, tgo said:

If not before. A plethora of solid 3-4 DL available in FA

Unless it is Clowney I think any meaningful FA signings from here will be after the deadline for FA signings to count against comp pick formula, could see some further scrubs signed like Sambrailo as they don't have any significant effect on the comp pick formula.

I'll continue to be out on this ledge by myself.

#protectingthat3rdroundcomppick

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Probably why Henry really wants a multi year deal lol. We could pretty easily draft his replacement this year (potentially on a cheap 5 year deal!) and just let Henry walk next year.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic