Here is the big concern with Vrabel going forward

OILERMAN

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vrabel is more offensively conservative than Fisher or Mularkey. Almost comically so.    The Titans run the ball and run the ball on 1st down at a level you just don't see in the NFL. Warren

People arguing Vrabel needs a better roster   In 2019 and 2020 the Titans had a quality offensive roster.   In the KC AFC title game up 10-0, Vrabel shuts it down and starts runnin

I actually don't blame Vrabel or Smith for this loss.  We just need to face the fact this team is somewhat one dimensional when it comes to the game plan.  If we can play our game, we win.  But if we

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tgo said:

So on Monday night Vrabel pulled a rabbit out of his hat but today he’a getting fired bc of an overtime loss to a far superior roster. Got it. 

You've lost your damn mind. The Texans were relegated to their backup quarterback, and down their best two receivers, and their starting tackle. They were not the more talented team on the field today, and no, majority of us wanted Vrabel fired even after the Dolphins game which cost us four draft slots

The team the Texans put on the field was not a “superior roster”.  They even lost a DB, Ward, halfway throughout the game.  This is not the game to defend Vrabel.

news flash: running Henry obviously didn’t work when Henry and the roster were better.

If you can’t see that he lost this game via his coaching I don’t know what to tell you.  They were even up double digits in the first half.

Yeah, I have no idea what tgo was watching.

Edited by rns90

4 minutes ago, rns90 said:

The team the Texans put on the field was not a “superior roster”.  They even lost a DB, Ward, halfway throughout the game.  This is not the game to defend Vrabel.

news flash: running Henry obviously didn’t work when Henry and the roster were better.

If you can’t see that he lost this game via his coaching I don’t know what to tell you.  They were even up double digits in the first half.

Yeah, I have no idea what tgo was watching.

Did Tunsil play? Stingley? Schultz? Deiter? Mason? Greenard? Collins? Pitre? 

Did Hopkins drop 3 passes or was it Vrabel? Did Vrabel run with concrete in his shoes or was it Henry, who is about washed up? 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Did Vrabel run with concrete in his shoes or was it Henry, who is about washed up? 

Why was he repeatedly given the ball when he was obviously getting stuffed left and right?  17 runs vs 5 passes on 1st down.   And two of those "passes" were failed screens /targets to Henry.  Again, what coach repeatedly goes towards a losing strategy of running when it's obviously not working ?

15 minutes ago, tgo said:

So on Monday night Vrabel pulled a rabbit out of his hat but today he’a getting fired bc of an overtime loss to a far superior roster. Got it. 

I said this in another thread. The Vrabel philosophy works against the teams with more talent than he has. The issue is, he approaches every game as if his team is the least talented on the field that day. The philosophy plays right into the hands of a beat up Texans team coming on the road with their pre-season squad. What allows him to compete against more talented teams, keeps less talented teams than us in striking distance, like today.

The focus on Henry is 100% because of Mike Vrabel. OC after OC runs this guy into the ground regardless of what the defense is giving. Various people like Lewan talk about Vrabel getting involved in offensive meetings. 

He’s a fucking idiot and a micromanager on top of it. His refusal to adapt is going to be what gets him fired. 

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

Why was he repeatedly given the ball when he was obviously getting stuffed left and right?  17 runs vs 5 passes on 1st down.   And two of those "passes" were failed screens /targets to Henry.  Again, what coach repeatedly goes towards a losing strategy of running when it's obviously not working ?

Because Meathead wants to shorten the game and keep it close instead of going for the kill shot. No excuse for not keeping the pedal down when they were up. 

1 minute ago, titans79 said:

I said this in another thread. The Vrabel philosophy works against the teams with more talent than he has. The issue is, he approaches every game as if his team is the least talented on the field that day. The philosophy plays right into the hands of a beat up Texans team coming on the road with their pre-season squad. What allows him to compete against more talented teams, keeps less talented teams than us in striking distance, like today.

Yeah - I’m sure they’re gonna fire him any day now. 

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

The focus on Henry is 100% because of Mike Vrabel. OC after OC runs this guy into the ground regardless of what the defense is giving. Various people like Lewan talk about Vrabel getting involved in offensive meetings. 

He’s a fucking idiot and a micromanager on top of it. His refusal to adapt is going to be what gets him fired. 

He’s an idiot? K - I’m sure they’ll be firing him tomorrow then. 

Or maybe after the season worst case scenario! 

1 minute ago, TitanPoke said:

Because Meathead wants to shorten the game and keep it close instead of going for the kill shot. No excuse for not keeping the pedal down when they were up. 

Of course.  It's the same MO/philosophy against all teams--good or bad--.  There's a reason he always loses/makes game closer against inferior qbs.

My Vrabel Nightmare:

We are in the AFC Championship Game and have a 10-0 lead on the Chiefs early. Instead of piling on, Vrabel goes conservative and Mahomes leads them to a comeback. Wait, that happened? 

Vrabel is the problem and he’s never winning a SB unless he gets out of the way