Wake and Milton placed on IR

AussieTitanFan08

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

It's a decent year for the edge/OLB market.

Very true. This is without players who could be cuts as well:

image.thumb.png.8140f29f9399f18c6959a534be097786.png

Obviously Judon would be amazing, but Barrett, Mercilus, or Dupree could be great additions as well. Not that we would go down the older vet route again, but Von Miller would be an interesting addition as well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Wake is a bigger loss than people realize. He leads the team in pressures and is the NFL's 8th most efficient edge rusher on a per snap basis.     

The Wake signing reminds me of the Andre Johnson signing.    Both were about as impactful. They did something for the first few games and then fell off a cliff as one might expect.   

Sucks, but I like Roberson and I wanna see what he can do. He looked good coming off the edge in preseason. 

Posted Images

Here are the DE's, obviously some of them are 3-4 DE's and others are 4-3 DE's that would need to transition.

image.thumb.png.49593f914726e4361fcfeb339b0d2b2a.png

Beyond Clowney (who will likely stay in SEA), Ogbah could potentially be a good fit. No way we chase Ngakoue or Lawson due to their issues with Lewan. Everson Griffen would be a good fit for an older vet though.

6 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Here are the DE's, obviously some of them are 3-4 DE's and others are 4-3 DE's that would need to transition.

image.thumb.png.49593f914726e4361fcfeb339b0d2b2a.png

Beyond Clowney (who will likely stay in SEA), Ogbah could potentially be a good fit. No way we chase Ngakoue or Lawson due to their issues with Lewan. Everson Griffen would be a good fit for an older vet though.

Issues with Lewan are not a factor in who they sign.  They brought in the Colts LB that Walker got into it with.  

That stuff is overblown by fans.

Wake hasn’t put up sacks, but he’s had several QB hits where the QB barely got the ball out of his hand before getting drilled.  

He’s still a highly effective pass rusher who can win one-on-one battles with some consistency;  depending on what happens with the team’s cap situation this offseason, I wouldn’t be completely surprised  to see him brought back if he chooses to keep playing. 

When you think about it, the cost of signing a FA would be greater than keeping Wake and adding a 1st round pick.

If Wake is healthy and wants to play, it’s possibly worth keeping him. Landry’s not creating sacks by himself.

Finch, Correa, Roberson, even Walker — there’s an argument that there’s a lot of room to upgrade before you get to Wake.

15 minutes ago, GLinks said:

Wake was close a couple times Sunday. 

They could also approach him about restructuring.

They’re not gonna approach him about restructuring. 

He’s gonna retire or get released. His contract is structured for him to be released this offseason before guarantees kick in. 

12 minutes ago, tgo said:

They’re not gonna approach him about restructuring. 

He’s gonna retire or get released. His contract is structured for him to be released this offseason before guarantees kick in. 

It wouldn’t surprise me.