Grasu re-signed

BudsOilers

I didn’t think it was possible but Jamil Douglas isn’t the worst lineman on the team......that honor goes to Nate Davis & it isn’t even close. Actually Douglas has played fairly well outside of the nightmare  in Jax. He’s gotten some nice movement in the running game.

3 minutes ago, Face said:

I didn’t think it was possible but Jamil Douglas isn’t the worst lineman on the team......that honor goes to Nate Davis & it isn’t even close. Actually Douglas has played fairly well outside of the nightmare  in Jax. He’s gotten some nice movement in the running game.

No idea why they are stubbornly continuing to play Davis when he clearly isn't ready, start Pamphile who won the RG battle in camp before getting hurt leading into week 1.

4 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Either way they must obviously like Grasu more.  Probably went from being cut to being active this week.  He might even start.  Not sure how they feel about Douglas as the C.  

PFF has a  pretty interesting take on the center position. They feel it’s the one spot where run blocking is more important then oass pro. Unless the guy is so historically awful in the pass, which in fairness Douglas has been, the damage is largely mitigated because he’s usually involved in. a double team. 

But a center whose a big time run blocker can often transform a running game. So center is probably the best spot to hide Douglas pass pro, cause he can run block.

36 minutes ago, Face said:

Davis is the Poutasi of guards 

Keith Carter has to be the worst Oline coach in the league. Has one player improved under his tutelage. Lewan, Conk, Saffold, Kline, Spain all regressed under him. The only one who hasn’t been any worse is Ben Jones and he’s never been that good to begin with.

On 10/31/2019 at 10:15 AM, Nash said:

Grassu must be the backup center now, and Jennings released, which tells you that kickoff returners have less value now

Raymond looked more dynamic than Jennings anyway.

I’m not ready to bail on Davis quite yet, but he has been bad at times. Jonnu Smith went through similar early slumps coming from a small school so I think we need some patience there. Rashaan Evans struggled early too after missing a lot of offseason time like Davis, and then turned it on late in the year. He has the athletic ability/talent and the intelligence. Needs to put it all together.