Keith Carter should be fired

Supdawg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He didn’t on Sunday. All 5 sacks were under 2.8 seconds, with 3 of them coming in under 2.5. The OL got worked. I’m not sure why this is hard for some. There are only a few left defending Mariota. I’m

If you'll recall, the Dallas Cowboys fired their OL coach during the bye week last year.   Apparently he'd been coaching his players to use some new, different techniques with their hand placement and

Felt this way last year, but this year further solidifies my feelings. Dude clearly is not a good coach. We have invested major assets in the Oline and we're just really bad. At some point JRob has to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

@abc2330 @BudAdams Get in here...

I'm getting real tired of this excuse.  3rd and long is a killer for an offense. Sacks on playaction because the Titans can't execute a standard drop back passing game are not on the OL. QB's evade pressure in under 3 seconds all the time. Mariota is a sitting duck because he sucks.

...you do know your first call out was a logical fallacy yes? As if they’re experts by any means in the first place. But anyways, the line was getting destroyed out there on Sunday. I’m not sure how anyone could think any differently. 

The roughing the passer call on Mariota was one of the only pure pockets he had in the game, and he threw a strike to Davis on a comeback route, and then had his knee rolled up. There was zero pocket and the interior was manhandled. You ask why they ran constantly on first down in the second half? It was because they were trying to run a big boy offense with a limited QB and a shit line in the first half. 

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

...you do know your first call out was a logical fallacy yes? As if they’re experts by any means in the first place. But anyways, the line was getting destroyed out there on Sunday. I’m not sure how anyone could think any differently. 

The roughing the passer call on Mariota was one of the only pure pockets he had in the game, and he threw a strike to Davis on a comeback route, and then had his knee rolled up. There was zero pocket and the interior was manhandled. You ask why they ran constantly on first down in the second half? It was because they were trying to run a big boy offense with a limited QB and a shit line in the first half. 

Becuase both have posted metrics that support the idea the OL isnt horrible and that Mariota isnt under assault like you claim. Rewatch the game. mariota ran into two sacks, another came on playaction, and the other two were due to Saffold getting beat by an amazing move and Davis getting over powered. the OL is fine considering they Lewan was suspended for 4 games and Davis being forced to play due to the pamphile injury.

Edited by oldschool

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Becuase both have posted metrics that support the idea the OL isnt horrible and that Mariota isnt under assault like you claim. Rewatch the game. mariota ran into two sacks, another came on playaction, and the other two were due to Saffold getting beat by an amazing move and Davis getting over powered. the OL is fine considering they Lewan was suspended for 4 games and Davis being forced to play due to the pamphile injury.

They were manhandled most of the day in pass protection, especially in the first half. I’m not sure what else to say. It was obvious. Mariota didn’t lose the Bills game. He lost the Colts and Jags games. This one isn’t on him. 

Just now, FRT said:

I think much of the OL issues would be minimized if the opposing defense respected the QB could beat them with his arm.

This would be true if teams were constantly beating us with blitzes. They aren’t. They’re beating us with four man rushes, consistently. I agree the DBs would open more lanes, but when your QB is getting hit at the top of his drop there isn’t much he can do, especially a limited guy like MM

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This would be true if teams were constantly beating us with blitzes. They aren’t. They’re beating us with four man rushes, consistently. I agree the DBs would open more lanes, but when your QB is getting hit at the top of his drop there isn’t much he can do, especially a limited guy like MM

Back this up. The Bills blitzed a lot. The OL isnt great and they've had some breakdowns for sure but you are flat out wrong on this. I'll  repeat:

1. 3rd and long destroys offenses and allows for DCs to scheme pressure

2. Teams are onto the playaction game of the Titans and bring pressure when they key on playaction

3. Mariota has an absurd pressure to sack ratio which leads to the false perception the OL is getting destroyed.

All the metrics back up the above points.

Edited by oldschool

23 minutes ago, oldschool said:

@abc2330 @BudAdams Get in here...

I'm getting real tired of this excuse.  3rd and long is a killer for an offense. Sacks on playaction because the Titans can't execute a standard drop back passing game are not on the OL. QB's evade pressure in under 3 seconds all the time. Mariota is a sitting duck because he sucks.

I mean, I get it.  There are other things going on with the offense and it's tough to solely blame the QB unless he's getting all day to throw and WRs catch everything (dream on).  Not attempting risky passes and exposing himself to INTs just adds to the excuses.

But people need to use common sense.  He sucks and he's dragging the offense down into the depths of hell with him.  He was not pressured 20 times, and rewarded us with 7 yards per play and a 85 QB rating.  Scrambled 3 times for no real reason.  Literally Half of the time anyone got near him, he went down like a sack of potatoes.  Some sacks can't be avoided, but Sunday's sack rate was in line with the rest of the year, which is historically bad.  He's an extremely unproductive, negative play prone offense killer.

Edited by abc2330

5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Thats interesting seeing as four of five sacks come from a four man blitz. All four in the first half were from shotgun. The only blitz came against 12 personnel in the 4th quarter. I dont care which sacks you attribute to Mariota, he was under fire the whole day. 

No he wasnt... it's a false narrative.

Just now, oldschool said:

No he wasnt... it's a false narrative.

...you say show evidence and I show you evidence. They started blitzing in the second half when we went two TE’s. They had four of five sacks against five man protection in shotgun. Every sack was under 2.8 seconds. Alrighty OS. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

...you say show evidence and I show you evidence. They started blitzing in the second half when we went two TE’s. They had four of five sacks against five man protection in shotgun. Every sack was under 2.8 seconds. Alrighty OS. 

I didn't say the Bills got their sacks on blitzes, I said they blitzed a lot. The OL has to be better but that will come with time. Saffold was playing next to Lewan for the first time and they have some communication issues. Davis isn't NFL strong yet and will get overpowered from time to time. The larger point is that the OL isn't bottom of the barrel and they aren't the reason the team is losing. The shitty QB play is making them look far worse than they are. The metrics support it; overall pressure % and pressure to sack ratio to be specific.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I didn't say the Bills got their sacks on blitzes, I said they blitzed a lot. The OL has to be better but that will come with time. Saffold was playing next to Lewan for the first time and they have some communication issues. Davis isn't NFL strong yet and will get overpowered from time to time. The larger point is that the OL isn't bottom of the barrel and they aren't the reason the team is losing. The shitty QB play is making them look far worse than they are. The metrics support it; overall pressure % and pressure to sack ratio to be specific.

I never disagreed with most of that. I said in this specific game if the line played even okay, especially regarding the sacks and terrible penalties, then we win the game. We didn’t lose because of Mariota. That’s it.