I have never seen a Titans team this loaded with quality players across the board.

kyle021

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the best Titans team that Kyle has seen since last season!

Kyle is basically Kimmy

The 2000, 2002/2003 teams were better.     The ability or lack there of  to overrate the talent of players on the Titans is amusingly sad.  

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I think QB is a wash.  I prefer the 2008 CB only because they are more fundamentally sound.  On ST I have Bironas over Succop.  Succop has limited range and struggled last year. The edge rushers for this year's team is still kind of a mystery, so at THIS POINT I have the 2008 over them.

That’s fair. I had the same problem with Bironas/Succop. While Succop is money on kicks 48 or less he struggles 50+

Kern is in my opinion the best punter in the game. 

Yes the 08 corners were more technically sound but in my opinion our CB’s this year are technically sound as well and on top of it are more talented all around. Harper was extremely limited but his tackling was some of the best I had seen from a corner. All of our corners this year aren’t shy of tackling. I think Sims is a better cover corner than Harper was and is just as good a tackler. Our 4th corner on this years team is better than the #2 on that year. 

Finnegan was a monster that year and a true #1 shutdown CB and I don’t think any of our corners are a true shutdown guy as of now throughout 16 games like Finnegan was (Butler is the closest and the second half of last year that’s exactly what he was) but collectively in my opinion they are a better group. The 08 secondary also benefitted big time from AH and the pass rush. The corners this year don’t have someone upfront who changes the entire game in the way AH did but they still perform at such a high level without that and that is extremely impressive to me. 

If our pass rush gets close to the 08 level then I have zero doubts these corners will be close to the legion of boom

9 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Kerry Collins was much better than Mariota / Tannehill.  He was a genuine franchise QB at the end of his career.

I like Henry better than CJ though.

He was a genuine game manager.  Nothing wrong with that. He came and did his job and led this team the entire year and to the best record BUT I don’t think he is better than MM 

8 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Before anyone gets a hot and bothered... KC was in the playoffs with Carolina, NY Giants, and the Titans.  Never really a top QB, but always a solid starter.

This is true. He was a solid starter but he was never a franchise QB. I actually think Tannehill is better than Collins and he can’t beat out MM... 

so...

Edited by Kyle021

1 hour ago, TheBukafax said:

If Henry keeps it up, Evans and Landry take a big leap, Brown and Hump help Mariota then yup this will be the best team.

We have no shut down corner. No one even close.

29 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

The players we cut might actually get signed to other NFL TEAMS!

LOL 

we are also going to start accumulating compensatory picks now that the roster is stacked. 

If Henry has a monster year. Say 1200+ and 4.5+ ypc and 8-10+ TD then we will likely let him walk vs retain him for 8-10 million a year and get a 3rd or 4th comp pick. 

We we will likely get compensatory picks from Henry, Ryan, Johnson, Conklin and Kelly. Say we let all 5 walk then we probably get a comp 3 for Conklin, a comp 4 for Ryan and Henry and a few 5th and 6th comps for Johnson, Kelly and Sharpe. 

If MM has a solid year and we let him hit the market he likely nets us a 3 too. 

So so we could have around three 3rd rounders

, three 4th rounders, and two 5 and two 6 round picks in the ‘21 draft. 

We would have plenty of ammo to make a trade up for say... Trevor Lawrence that year by giving up a 3 first round picks, and a bevy of 3rd rounders plus a 2. 

If if we take a franchise QB in the 2020 draft then we would still have a shit ton of mid round selections in ‘21 to build around 

if MM has a great year and we retain him... then we don’t even take a QB high this years draft and can load the roster up big time with some damn good players. 

Just looking at this roster it’s hard not to get excited about just today, but the next 5 years also. 

JR has acquired so much talent that we will finally be able to get comp picks every year in the 3rd and 4th rounds similar to NE and Baltimore. 

The next 2 draft classes are fucking stacked 

Edited by Kyle021