Ramsey/Titans love fest continues. He will be on Bussin with the boys.

heyitsmeallen

Jalen has always been a gigantic titans fan and huge Nashville homie.

Hed give the titans a solid discount. It’s so blatant I dont know how you ignore it at this point. He’d make the jags pay him to be the highest paid CB because he wants to be a titan that bad. It’s completely obvious. 

That said, JRob bringing him in would be hard to imagine .... though pretty much all our current CBs  contracts would be up or save us big money to be cut when he is actually available. 

35 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Hed give the titans a solid discount. It’s so blatant I dont know how you ignore it at this point. He’d make the jags pay him to be the highest paid CB because he wants to be a titan that bad. It’s completely obvious. 

Its certainly possible that he would prefer playing at home in Nashville but there is no way he would be giving the team some kind of meaningful discount.

Not really much point worrying if he will be playing here anyway, with the 5th year option in 2020 and a couple of franchise tags after that, the earliest possible time we would have a shot bringing him here is after the 2022 season.

5 hours ago, titanruss said:

That said, JRob bringing him in would be hard to imagine .... though pretty much all our current CBs  contracts would be up or save us big money to be cut when he is actually available. 

No he wouldn't. It sure looks like he'd like to be a Titan but at best this means that he would choose us over other teams if the money was even. Jalen Ramsey isn't taking less than he has to for anyone. Few players are doing that these days. 

6 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

No he wouldn't. It sure looks like he'd like to be a Titan but at best this means that he would choose us over other teams if the money was even. Jalen Ramsey isn't taking less than he has to for anyone. Few players are doing that these days. 

The ONLY counter I have is how I’d personally go about it. I’ve been a Titans fan for as long as I can remember. If I had the opportunity to play for them, I’d give my favorite team a discount based on my fandom (and that’s assuming I could still live my lifestyle with what I would make). 

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

The ONLY counter I have is how I’d personally go about it. I’ve been a Titans fan for as long as I can remember. If I had the opportunity to play for them, I’d give my favorite team a discount based on my fandom (and that’s assuming I could still live my lifestyle with what I would make). 

I love the Titans more than any other team, athlete, and even a couple of family members but I'm not turning down 3-5 million dollars for anyone. It's a compete moot point anyways because if the Titans are ever in the position to sign Ramsey they're certainly not gonna mess it up by low-balling him and hoping he's willing to take it due to some "home town" discount. You'd really turn down 3-5 million more for a team that wouldn't even give you a better chance to win a ring? Damn. 

Just now, Mythos27 said:

I love the Titans more than any other team, athlete, and even a couple of family members but I'm not turning down 3-5 million dollars for anyone. It's a compete moot point anyways because if the Titans are ever in the position to sign Ramsey they're certainly not gonna mess it up by low-balling him and hoping he's willing to take it due to some "home town" discount. You'd really turn down 3-5 million more for a team that wouldn't even give you a better chance to win a ring? Damn. 

Probably. But my fandom runs pretty deep. I’d rather win a ring with my favorite team, if given the opportunity. I’d have to be able to still live the lifestyle I would at that point. 

And I agree. They won’t lowball him. But, that’s just me personally. I love football. I love the Titans. Id be willing to sacrifice if needed. 

12 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Its certainly possible that he would prefer playing at home in Nashville but there is no way he would be giving the team some kind of meaningful discount.

Not really much point worrying if he will be playing here anyway, with the 5th year option in 2020 and a couple of franchise tags after that, the earliest possible time we would have a shot bringing him here is after the 2022 season.

If it’s between us and 1-2 other teams. And they offer 45 mil... and we only offer 42... that could be all it takes. 

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

He grew up as big a fan of the titans as most of us on the board. He’s still a fan. He’s got a house in town and loves Nashville. It’s his home. 

Edited by titanruss

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

He grew up as big a fan of the titans as most of us on the board. He’s still a fan. He’s got a house in town and loves Nashville. It’s his home. 

Hell, he even still has a Nashville area code on his phone judging by that tweet. The titans get the advantage of being tax free as well. But I expect the Jags to franchise him next year.

9 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

If it’s between us and 1-2 other teams. And they offer 45 mil... and we offer 42... that could be all it takes. 

Dayum... I ain't seen a Jag so desperate to be a Titan since Fred Taylor. The only difference is Ramsey's incredible transparency whereas Taylor hid his jealousy behind denial. That mofo still to this day says that 99 Jag team was the better team. Lol

Edited by NashvilleNinja

7 hours ago, titanruss said:

I'd readily take 95 million over a 100 to live in Nashville vs Duval county, northern FL.