OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

Just now, Titans279 said:

There’s a difference between voting for Biden because you hate Trump and voting for Biden because you love Biden. 

Most people right now are motivated most by beating Trump. 

I don't know about "most" people, but I know for a fact that black people love Biden, that suburban women love Biden, and that a good many other people actually really like Biden and aren't simply voting against Trump. 

Yes, the Bernie people and some others are only voting against Trump, but the idea of him being a bridge to future generations of leaders as he has been reiterating lately does have appeal even among progressives. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, begooode said:

Wrong, again.  Never go full cheerleader and learn how to be an informed 'winner'.  Or at least don't work on variance analysis at work, if you can't properly identify drivers. For myself, I am winning -- Trump should be gone.  As I said, Bernie worried me a great deal.  But I'll understand and embrace why 2020 played out like it does.  And it sure won't be because Biden is some historically great candidate, at least this time around.

2020 played out like it did because Biden attracts a diverse coalition of voters and pulled in a bunch of the blue collar people that refused to vote for Hillary and who voted for Bernie in 2016. 

Just now, tgo said:

2020 played out like it did because Biden attracts a diverse coalition of voters and pulled in a bunch of the blue collar people that refused to vote for Hillary and who voted for Bernie in 2016. 

wrong again.  that narrative failed mightily in Nevada or at least it wasn't compelling enough.  2020 will play out only because the other moderates dropped out and overwhelmingly endorsed Biden -- partying on the stage. EVERY pundit said they had never seen such swing.  now you are projecting -- Biden had it all the time!  Bullshit.  If you need a proof point go back and look at your posts at the time, including conceding that Biden was coming up short.  But now it's Bidenz da MANZ.  Go sell that revisionist history somewhere else.

1 minute ago, begooode said:
On 3/25/2020 at 5:38 PM, begooode said:

I wouldn’t say no one wants Joe. The problem with Biden bros is the classic ‘born on third base, thinking they’ve hit a homerun’ scenario.

The whole point is supporting someone who can and will win. "Born on third base thinking they've hit a homerun" - what are you talking about? Because people support the guy who had the power, gravitas, political appeal to win rather than someone who it would've taken a miracle "homerun" to win the primary - like Harris or Booker or Buttigieg or Klobuchar or whoever? 

The only way to wield power to enact an agenda is to actually win. 

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Citation needed

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/09/politics/joe-biden-bridge-new-generation-of-leaders/index.html

"Look, I view myself as a bridge, not as anything else," Biden said. "There's an entire generation of leaders you saw stand behind me. They are the future of this country."

"thanks Clyburn, but I got this!"

"thanks candidates for dropping out and joining me on stage to rally against Bernie, but I got this!"

*Things Biden would never say, but now his supporters can now safely project, after sweating through 'awesome' Biden performances*

pushups!!

Edited by begooode

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It’s going to really piss me off when 100s of thousands of Americans die and these fucks still refuse to get Trump’s taint out of their mouth. 

Didn't you listen to Trump yesterday. if 100K Americans die he is going to claim it would have been 2.2M if not for the actions he took. He's already started laying the ground work

Edited by oldschool

2 minutes ago, begooode said:

wrong again.  that narrative failed mightily in Nevada or at least it wasn't compelling enough.  2020 will play out only because the other moderates dropped out and overwhelmingly endorsed Biden -- partying on the stage. EVERY pundit said they had never seen such swing.  now you are projecting -- Biden had it all the time!  Bullshit.  If you need a proof point go back and look at your posts at the time, including conceding that Biden was coming up short.  But now it's Bidenz da MANZ.  Go sell that revisionist history somewhere else.

Nevada? Who gives two shits about Nevada? Nevada has proven to be totally meaningless both this cycle and in 2016. Biden finished second in Nevada behind Bernie anyway, and then won South Carolina, which is why the other candidates had to drop out - BECAUSE THEY HAD NO PATH TO VICTORY BECAUSE BIDEN DEFEATED THEM.

I never said "Biden had it all the time" and am not insinuating it now, but I did say repeatedly that if Biden finished second in Nevada and won South Carolina then he would likely win, I said this repeatedly to my friends as well. That's just political reality. Biden was favored in South Carolina since last April when he announced. 

Anyway, I'm not going to continue this pointless back and forth with you since you clearly have demonstrated your lack of political understanding repeatedly throughout this process. 

9 minutes ago, begooode said:

Nevada is a caucus state. Find another example as caucuses favors extremists like most of the bernie bros.

3 minutes ago, NeverEnough said:

So he's a bridge to AOC and Tlaib? Wow. Ppl must feel much more comfortable knowing that.....

No - he's a bridge to Buttigieg, Harris, Whitmer, Abrams, etc. 

Tlaib is probably (hopefully) going to get defeated this year anyway. 

15 minutes ago, begooode said:

"thanks Clyburn, but I got this!"

"thanks candidates for dropping out and joining me on stage to rally against Bernie!"

*Things Biden would never say, but now his supporters can now safely project, after sweating through 'awesome' Biden performances*

pushups!!

Heh. Interesting anecdote that Clyburn told over the weekend - after the endorsement event, Clyburn was rushing to his SUV to get to the airport to get back to DC and Biden was running after him trying to get his attention, with tears running down his cheeks to thank him. (because he knew that Clyburn's endorsement would effectively deliver him the nomination because the sheer margin of victory would be a death knell to the other candidates that they couldn't recover from)

Clyburn's endorsement was heartfelt and powerful too, showing some tears of his own due to his late wife's admiration for Biden and Clyburn's longstanding deep friendship with Biden. 

Anyway, like I said, luckily for Biden he had built a strong relationship with Clyburn over the past few decades and had Clyburn's daughter working for him after knowing the family so well. This is how politics works when you're doing it right. 

Edited by tgo