How did the Ref...

charleytolar

1 minute ago, charleytolar said:

I prefer to work collaboratively and besides I have other work to do. For sure, I'll be thinking about it . I might suggest, though, that you cease being so confrontational. This is a place to talk Titan football and try and have some fun. In case you haven't noticed, the whole football nation is talking about these issues... so it is not just my idea.

So asking questions about your plan is now confrontational?  Got it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Aints had one bad call go against them, but that's nothing compared to the multiple number of times the same thing happened to the Oilers!

Posted Images

9 hours ago, titanruss said:

wow... that looks bad. 

scroll further down though and you'll see he was actually waving off sean peyton. 

You’re right that first video is pretty deceiving. Glad I went down to see the second one after your post mentioned this. 

2 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

I totally agree with this; the ref, who was right on top of the call, decided there was no way that receiver was going to catch that ball and wasn't going to hand the Superbowl to a team in the last minute on what he thought was an uncatchable ball.

If that was an uncatchable ball, what do you consider a catchable ball?  Ball in the middle of the numbers?

57 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Just allow coaches to challenge missed or no calls.  How hard is that?  

If each coach had one penalty challenge a game they wouldn't use them until the game was on the line.

Exactly. If they want to blow a challenge on a missed holding call in the 2nd quarter, then that's their choice.

This is the sane approach.

I still maintain that if it’s within the last 2 minutes of a game, the call should be reviewable. 

Its about the sanctity of the game. If that means the game goes on for another 30 min to an hour, then so be it. Id rather the game be longer and not seem fucked by refs than watch the garbage we saw this past weekend. 

5 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I still maintain that if it’s within the last 2 minutes of a game, the call should be reviewable. 

Its about the sanctity of the game. If that means the game goes on for another 30 min to an hour, then so be it. Id rather the game be longer and not seem fucked by refs than watch the garbage we saw this past weekend. 

"Sanctity" is the perfect word to describe the problem.

7 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

The receiver was way late turning to the ball and was looking for a high throw when it was low; I wish they would show the sideline ground view in real time, if you slow it down enough it always look like it could have been caught. That ref was in perfect position to make that call.

It's my understanding the ref has to consider whether it was a catchable ball. Not whether the WR was in the best position to catch it. If it's not sailing feet over his head typically it's catchable.

14 minutes ago, 8MM said:

McVay on the missed PI, he said that the refs blew a non call on a helmet hit to Goff.

To which I'd say, not all penalties are equal, even if the end result is (automatic 1st down). I'm not sure which play he is referencing but it seems unlikely it had an actual impact on the play, i.e. it didn't change what Goff would have done. Missed free yardage and a 1st down is always a big deal but there is still a chance you make a great play as an offense on a play with a missed call like that. There was no chance for the Saints WR he was just taken out.