Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Jonboy

@tgoLaFleur is also interviewing Monken for OC. Part of that is Kyle Shanahan Dikembe'ing every interview he requests but guys are also starting to bring in coordinators who do different things. Pederson brought in Reich, that's a West Coast/spread guy bringing in a Coryell/Arians/Manning type. Pat Shurmer brought in Mike Shula, a pure power/Coryell guy.

Im looking at the numbers TB put up last year & they were just awesome. Monken also did a great  job in college. I like his approach, it's refreshing. He said he thinks a lot of coaches forget about the game being fun, and nothing is more fun then making big plays. He said he likes trick plays (I know,Mularkey), but most of all he likes to set up big plays. They relentlessly threw downfield last year. I think he could merge some of his stuff with the playaction, vertical looks from the current playbook.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Browns have 11 draft picks and $84 million in cap space and a QB on a rookie deal they could improve that roster significantly this offseason.

The other teams in their division have either aging rosters, questionable qb's or team chemistry issues.  Browns are probably the most stable out of the teams.

Still amazing we are nearly a week from when LaFleur got the Packers job and not a single name has been officially linked to the vacant OC job.

Have to wonder if Vrabel/JRob have given the in house candidates a couple of days to go away and put together a presentation on what the offense would look like under their direction, either that or they are waiting for a specific target that is still in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Still amazing we are nearly a week from when LaFleur got the Packers job and not a single name has been officially linked to the vacant OC job.

Have to wonder if Vrabel/JRob have given the in house candidates a couple of days to go away and put together a presentation on what the offense would look like under their direction, either that or they are waiting for a specific target that is still in the playoffs.

My guess is they have someone specific in mind and it's a competitive thing that they don't want the name to leak until they have that person under contract.  

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I'd have to imagine it's somebody still in the playoffs. If it was somebody like DeFillippo or Helfrich or whoever I'd imagine the interview would've happened already.

Mike Kafka might be a dark horse.

6 minutes ago, Face said:

I'd have to imagine it's somebody still in the playoffs. If it was somebody like DeFillippo or Helfrich or whoever I'd imagine the interview would've happened already.

Mike Kafka might be a dark horse.

Could be that interviews have already hapened but a decision hasn’t been made.