Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Jonboy

57 minutes ago, tgo said:

I had no idea that the Saints converted to a ZBS in 2014. They’ve been running it for 5 years. 

This makes Pete Carmichael Jr and Joe Lombardi legitimate options imo

Edit: Carmichael is calling the plays for the Saints now, so nevermind. 

Are you sure about that?  If you watch a Saints game you can see Payton calling in plays from his sheet.  I've always thought of Carmichael as Lafleur in LA.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I don't think that's it.

Apparently you can work with Mariota and lead one of the worst offenses in the league and be a top HC candidate!

Has anybody mentioned Jeff Fisher?  He used a one read dummy playbook to reel off six wins in a row with VY.  He could also teach MM safer tackling skills after he throws picks.  

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Has anybody mentioned Jeff Fisher?  He used a one read dummy playbook to reel off six wins in a row with VY.  He could also teach MM safer tackling skills after he throws picks.  

The only thing Jeff Fisher might be able to teach is how to build a career on a single fluke play.

17 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Robert Turner?  He's the 49ers RB coach and was Mike Shanahan's assistant HC back in Washington?  Would Kyle let him go? 

He’s 70. Been coaching since 1972 and never called plays. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

He’s 70. Been coaching since 1972 and never called plays. 

Yea, I just saw he was the assistant HC with Shanahan back in Washington in 2013.  I knew he never called plays but I didn't see his age until after I posted.  Honestly don't know enough about the guy to have an informed opinion anyways.  

So frustrating not hearing ANYONE linked to the job.  There are reasons for that but still...

Just now, patsplat said:

Am actually somewhat happy we haven't heard a big name.

Mariota will benefit from consistency.  Titans need a creative OC, but not another up-and-coming here today gone tomorrow coach.

I agree.  Really, that's why I kind of want one of these older guys and you can just kind of hand the offense over to them and they'll be there for a few years.  

I really have no idea where Jrob and Vrabel want to go with this thing though. 

TGO mentioned him earlier, but I think the OC might be Shane Waldron. Vrabel was with him in NE, he followed a similar career path as LaFleur in that he was in Washington and then LA. He took over as pass game co-ordinator when Lafleur came here. If we want continuity whule still looking outside the organisation then this is the guy. Sounds like McVay will let him go too. 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/11/29/18118161/shand-waldron-ready-offensive-coordinator-job-los-angeles-rams-detroit-lions

The problem is that Zac Taylor mighty bring him with him if he gets the Bengals job

Edited by IrishTitansFan