Offseason Preview From Turron Davenport

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who don't mind listening to Titans related podcasts, Turron Davenport released his offseason primer today, goes through all our free agents and lists a tonne of early/mid/late round draft pr

Good piece of inside information from Davenport, Dean Pees personally went to Kentucky and worked out Ravens OLB Za'Darius Smith and recommended to Ozzie Newsome that they draft him.   Smith

He has been ordinary for the Rams this year, should be having a far bigger impact with teams double and even triple teaming Donald all the time.   Think we would better going after guys like

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Good piece of inside information from Davenport, Dean Pees personally went to Kentucky and worked out Ravens OLB Za'Darius Smith and recommended to Ozzie Newsome that they draft him.

Smith should definitely be right near the top of our FA targets. 

Was toying around with an offseason plan today and have him penciled in as a signing. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Was toying around with an offseason plan today and have him penciled in as a signing. 

If JRob could get Za'Darius Smith in FA it would open up the options in the first round, no longer would OLB sit outright at the top of must have needs, not saying OLB would be off the table in the first round just it is no longer an absolute must have.

Smith has quietly had an excellent season with the Ravens and would fit perfectly here given his familiarity with Pees system.

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If JRob could get Za'Darius Smith in FA it would open up the options in the first round, no longer would OLB sit outright at the top of must have needs, not saying OLB would be off the table in the first round just it is no longer an absolute must have.

Smith has quietly had an excellent season with the Ravens and would fit perfectly here given his familiarity with Pees system.

He is my number one choice in all of free agency you can then draft the best pass rushing interior lineman with your first pick.

Edited by Huston

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Yep. 

I see Za’Darius Smith and Flowers as the best fits at OLB for the defense, assuming Clowney gets tagged. 

Flowers will be very pricey though and could very well get tagged. 

I know the Ravens want Smith back, so whoever gets him will have to overpay a little. 

Just now, Huston said:

He is my number choice in all of free agency you can then draft the best pass rushing interior lineman with your first pick.

If JRob goes after Smith in FA it will be the 2nd time in couple of years we have gone into battle with the Ravens over one of their top FA, it was Brandon Williams a couple of years ago.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If JRob goes after Smith in FA it will be the 2nd time in couple of years we have gone into battle with the Ravens over one of their top FA, it was Brandon Williams a couple of years ago.

I remember all too well

1 minute ago, tgo said:

assuming Clowney gets tagged. 

The Clowney situation is one to watch there were reports a couple of weeks ago that they considered trading him before the trade deadline had they got a Khalil Mack type offer, i'm not sure they intend to give him a long term contract, i'm sure they will franchise tag him but no one knows if he would sign it or hold out.

The Clowney situation is one to watch there were reports a couple of weeks ago that they considered trading him before the trade deadline had they got a Khalil Mack type offer, i'm not sure they intend to give him a long term contract, i'm sure they will franchise tag him but no one knows if he would sign it or hold out.

I guarantee Vrabel would want to pursue him with the way he talks about him if he were to hit the market. 

Just now, tgo said:

I guarantee Vrabel would want to pursue him with the way he talks about him if he were to hit the market. 

No doubt and when you consider how hard we went after Suh there is no question AAS will back JRob if he wants to chase a big price tagged defensive player.

No doubt and when you consider how hard we went after Suh there is no question AAS will back JRob if he wants to chase a big price tagged defensive player.

The question is - will we pursue Suh for a second time at a more discounted rate? 

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

He has ordinary for the Rams this year, should be having a far bigger impact with teams double and even triple teaming Donald all the time.

Think we would better going after guys like Jeffery Simmons/Raekwon Davis/Derrick Brown in the Draft than worry about Suh.

Exactly and there will be impact guys at that position when the Titans pick and with their depth he can be brought along like Evans and Landry were.

Edited by Huston