2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

22 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I'm certainly not a fan of going WR in round 1 for a couple of reasons, firstly there just isn't the complete plug and play guy that is going to come in and start right away for us, secondly under Arthur Smith I just don't see WR's being a primary focus of this offense it is likely to be heavily RB/TE orientated, and thirdly in the 2019 Draft there are going to be WR's available between rounds 2-4 that can fill a role for us.

Why waste a premium pick on someone that isn't going to feature heavily in this offense.

Well said. Didn’t I read a post recently linking a source saying that in recent years all the high impact receivers were drafted in the later rounds (2nd or later)?

Just now, headhunter said:

Jonnu? I think Irv Smith is a better receiving threat.

We dont really need a receiving threat. 

We need a balanced guy who is a great inline blocker. 

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Irv Smith is a good inline blocker, not quite Hockenson but very solid, until Tua was installed at QB all Smith did at Alabama was block.

Gotcha 

10 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Irv Smith is a good inline blocker, not quite Hockenson but very solid, until Tua was installed at QB all Smith did at Alabama was block.

Draft Network actually says he’s an “elite” blocking tight end. 

I personally love McShay's pick for the Titans @ 19.  Hockenson gives inline blocking and a threat as a receiver.  Really opens up this offense' especially if Joccu Smith could play WR (assuming Walker is OK).  Go IOL 4th round or later in the draft.  All the rest are defensive picks:  ILB, rusher, OLB.

pro

39 minutes ago, tgo said:

Draft Network actually says he’s an “elite” blocking tight end. 

I'm not sure I would say "elite" but good, the best way I could describe the difference between Irv Smith and Hockenson is consistency, Hockenson is legitimately like having a 3rd OT on the field at all times, Irv Smith shows flashes of "elite" blocking traits but just isn't consistent doing it.

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic