Democratic Nomination for 2020 - UPDATED to include those who have officially announced

Legaltitan

Well Bernie effectively called Warren a liar on the debate stage. So yeah, things aren’t so nice between the two of them right now. But that started when his campaign decided to openly paint her as some sort of elitist.

Edited by Starkiller

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amigo, there has to be a transition that isn’t strictly Medicare for All, regardless of how the bill is written. I’ve supported Medicare for All for a long time now. I still support it. When speaking

I know some people don't want to hear it, but it's going to be Bernie and if it is, he's gonna win. 

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Well Bernie effectively called Warren a liar on the debate stage. So yeah, things aren’t so nice between the two of them right now. But that started when his campaign decided to openly paint her as some sort of elitist.

She did the right thing by hitting him back after those shenanigans. 

She had a very strong debate showing as well. Bernie, amidst his normal Bernie messaging, slipped on the banana peel that she threw out there for him. 

She kind of let him off the hook on his blatant lie though during the debate, which she shouldn't have done. She had an opportunity for a knockout blow and passed. 

Edited by tgo

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

She did the right thing by hitting him back after those shenanigans. 

She had a very strong debate showing as well. Bernie, amidst his normal Bernie messaging, slipped on the banana peel that she threw out there for him. 

She kind of let him off the hook on his blatant lie though during the debate, which she shouldn't have done. She had an opportunity for a knockout blow and passed. 

I don't think she is looking to antagonize Bernie or to become enemies. But she had to push back against him somehow. She did about as well as she could without going negative.

6 hours ago, Starkiller said:

you realize that was a straight up lie about Bernie's campaign, right? that a volunteer dropped that fake script in the Bernie slack and was immediately kicked out? or do the facts not matter these days if CNN decides to push a narrative to increase ratings of their own debate

This election turned dumb very quickly and Warren's team is at fault for this. Luckily most people are seeing right through it.

everyone knows I'm an unabashed Bernie hater so pay attention to my next statement. This women can't get elected conversation with Warren is such a non story. He was basically saying the shitty ass American public hasn't shown they are ready to elect a Woman for President. He's not saying he personally believes Women shouldn't be president. We have become so sensitive as a society that we start pounding the table over every little perceived slight and lose sight of the actual topic at hand.

Edited by oldschool

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

These debates are so stupid.......

They ask stupid questions and the big news if Warren wouldn't shake Bernie's hand? 

GTFO

It's on the moderators and the media in post-debate follow up.  Australia is burning and the media wants to talk about a missed handshake. 

58 minutes ago, oldschool said:

everyone knows I'm an unabashed Bernie hater so pay attention to my next statement. This women can't get elected conversation with Warren is such a non story. He was basically saying the shitty ass American public hasn't shown they are ready to elect a Woman for President. He's not saying he personally believes Women shouldn't be president. We have become so sensitive as a society they we start pounding the table over every little perceived slight and lose sight of the actual topic at hand.

And as I said, he’s unfortunately right. 

But he’s blatantly lying and calling Warren a liar after how he treated Hillary in 2016. 

Anyway, Warren and Buttigieg and Klobuchar voters will not like this, it’s bad politically within progressive groups. 

Sanders isn’t going to win many people over who aren’t already following him and he’ll continue to fracture the party and isolate people as per usual. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

And as I said, he’s unfortunately right. 

But he’s blatantly lying and calling Warren a liar after how he treated Hillary in 2016. 

Anyway, Warren and Buttigieg and Klobuchar voters will not like this, it’s bad politically within progressive groups. 

Sanders isn’t going to win many people over who aren’t already following him and he’ll continue to fracture the party and isolate people as per usual. 

He definitely didn't handle it correctly but thats not my point. It never should have been the story it is. 

People can dismiss this and ignore it, but I guarantee these activist Warren and Sanders supporters noticed and it’s going to lock in their blocs further. 

It also makes Biden look above the fray of the petty leftist infighting after Sanders and Warren are petulantly going back and forth like school children about who won what election when and girls are better than boys and all this petty schoolyard bullshit.  

There were six candidates on that stage but only one commander in chief. 

Suburban Women support is an issue for Sanders by and large and this only exacerbates that problem for him. 

I thought the debate was great overall, it showed Americans exactly what they need to see about these candidates. 

Edited by tgo

14 minutes ago, tgo said:

People can dismiss this and ignore it, but I guarantee these activist Warren and Sanders supporters noticed and it’s going to lock in their blocs further. 

It also makes Biden look above the fray of the petty leftist infighting after Sanders and Warren are petulantly going back and forth like school children about who won what election when and girls are better than boys and all this petty schoolyard bullshit.  

There were six candidates on that stage but only one commander in chief. 

12 minutes ago, tgo said:

Suburban Women support is an issue for Sanders by and large and this only exacerbates that problem for him. 

I thought the debate was great overall, it showed Americans exactly what they need to see about these candidates. 

Warren won the debate easily. Honestly she's probably won every debate so for but it doesn't mean much. Hard to argue Biden had a good night. He was low energy and looked really old. I really wish there was another Moderate in the race with more experience than Mayor Pete. I'd like to cast my vote for someone I like rather than solely because I think they can beat trump.

11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Warren won the debate easily. Honestly she's probably won every debate so for but it doesn't mean much. Hard to argue Biden had a good night. He was low energy and looked really old. I really wish there was another Moderate in the race with more experience than Mayor Pete. I'd like to cast my vote for someone I like rather than solely because I think they can beat trump.

I think she had a slump for two or three debates there, but she probably did best of the candidates last night in terms of "debate performance" - strong showing for her. If you had to pick a "winner," it'd probably be Warren I think. But the feuding at the end makes Warren/Sanders look petty and demeans their debate performances in a sense for progressives (at least that's what some of them are saying). 

But from an overall strategic perspective, Biden also won because he escaped unscathed and people didn't strongly attack him or make any marks against him. This debate didn't move the needle at all and was effectively a stalemate. You can say Biden was "low energy" but the entire debate was relatively low energy. He also had a strong first hour with the foreign policy stuff per most unbiased accounts, which is his wheelhouse.

Klobuchar was more effective on the healthcare debate than Biden in terms of arguing against MFA, but she had some verbal stumbles and seemed nervous. 

I think Sanders did not escape unscathed, although he was able to hammer his consistent message home as usual. I'm sure he raised the most money and gained the most Twitter followers as per usual. 

Buttigieg had a steady performance, but missed an opportunity to move up or make waves. The top four candidates were over-prepared (Biden in particular) and playing it safe. 

This debate was handled by the top candidates (sans Warren maybe) like a 9-6 defensive football game, where you're just trying to kick enough field goals to not lose before the going into the real playoffs. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

I think she had a slump for two or three debates there, but she probably did best of the candidates last night - strong showing for her. If you had to pick a "winner," it'd probably be Warren I think. 

But from an overall strategic perspective, Biden also won because he escaped unscathed and people didn't strongly attack him or make any marks against him. This debate didn't move the needle at all and was effectively a stalemate. You can say Biden was "low energy" but the entire debate was relatively low energy. He also had a strong first hour with the foreign policy stuff per most unbiased accounts, which is his wheelhouse.

Klobuchar was more effective on the healthcare debate than Biden in terms of arguing against MFA, but she had some verbal stumbles and seemed nervous. 

I think Sanders did not escape unscathed, although he was able to hammer his consistent message home as usual. I'm sure he raised the most money and gained the most Twitter followers as per usual. 

Buttigieg had a steady performance, but missed an opportunity to move up or make waves. The top four candidates were over-prepared (Biden in particular) and playing it safe. 

This debate was handled by the top candidates (sans Warren maybe) like a 9-6 defensive football game, where you're just trying to kick enough field goals to not lose. 

your point about Biden winning because he came out unscathed is a good one. The funny thing is these debates actually do very little to move the needle. Polling data shows this to be the case year after year and yet everyone hangs on candidate performance in a debate like it's a deciding factor.