Paul Manafort Enters Cooperation Agreement in Mueller Probe

TitansGuru

2 hours ago, ctm said:

"From our perspective, we want him to do the right thing for himself," the former New York mayor and U.S. attorney said. “There’s no fear that Paul Manafort would cooperate against the president because there’s nothing to cooperate about and we long ago evaluated him as an honorable man.

Apparent allegiance to Trump = honorable man, period.  Forget all about the other stuff -- unregistered foreign agent acting as a presidential campaign mgr, money laundering, and brazenly bilking the USA of $15mil in taxes.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hillary is guilty of being a flip flopping politician with a bad personality    Trump is a lying, money laundering, treasonous traitor willing to sell out the country to line his own pockets

I'll admit, when I saw this thread title ... it moved ...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 9 Nines said:

I am not sure if true since Mueller has kept leaks quiet but someone close to Mueller said Mueller was singing to himself this morning:  Flippity doo-dah, flippity-eh. My oh my what a wonderful day!

#winning

Hopefully the hurricane hitting the Carolinas is not bad but if it turns into a mess, but President Trump ignores the hurricane, going on a tirade about Manafort, showing no leadership in recovery efforts, imagine how bad it will look. 

27 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Reading a news article on this, I learned that Trump does not use email. So little to no correspondence from him on decisions he made during the campaign.  This is where Manafort will be valuable as being an eyewitness to those decisions. 

Manafort attended the Trump tower meeting.  Don Jr. received a call from a blocked phone number (which Trump uses) immediately after the meeting.  Don Jr. testified to congress that he didn't speak to his dad about the meeting.  Nunes's congressional committee refused to subpoena Don Jr.'s phone records.  

In part of the plea agreement, Manafort confessed, plead guilty, on the 10 counts one which the one juror held out.  So Manafort is pleading guilty to 18 previous charges and 2 new ones - 20 all together.

Edited by 9 Nines

24 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Also part of the agreement: Manafort waived representation during all questioning.    So just him and the FBI/Mueller during questioning.  

That's normal for a grand jury testimony iirc though

https://politicalwire.com/2018/09/14/a-lopsided-victory-for-robert-mueller/

Roll Call: “No matter how you look at it, this deal has to be seen as a massive victory for Mueller and his special counsel team.”

“The only concession the special counsel made was to repackage the charges against Manafort in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia from seven counts to two and to ask judges for a shorter sentence.”

“Besides that, prosecutors extracted a guilty plea, a cooperation agreement for Manafort to tell them everything he knows and fork over any documents they request, an admission of guilt to the 10 remaining charges from the Eastern Virginia trial, and likely a multi-year prison sentence for Manafort.”

Key takeaway: “Holding out on cooperation with Mueller’s team for as long as he did not strengthen Manafort’s bargaining position — it weakened it.”