I do think it's too early to completely panic

OILERMAN

30 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

I like the optimism, but I don't think it's too early to panic. We have a banged up QB who's confidence is shot who will be playing without his two best offensive lineman. Our best receiver Walker is out for the year, leaving us with Corey Davis and a bunch of nobodys. Aside from a few big runs last year, the running game has been atrocious over the last year and it continued this past Sunday. I'm not expecting it to be any better with Lewan and Conklin out. On defense, our front 7 was over matched, not getting any pressure on the QB and letting Ryan Tannehill and 40 year old Frank Gore gash us up.

To make matters worse, we have the Texans, Eagles (Wentz should be back) and Jags the next three games, with the Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, and Patriots in 4 of the 5 games afterwards. Mariota and the offense is going to get destroyed, and there's going to be a lot of anger and pessimism on the board over this time.   

Texans were 4-13 last year and didn't make a lot of changes

the Jags have a great def but no offense and the Titans play them tight

The Chargers are the Chargers

The Cowboys are in trouble. Prescott can't carry a team and they have no weapons outside of Elliot

The only sure fire losses in the group you noted are the Pats and Eagles. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally caught up on the entire game now that the condensed replay is up. I mostly watched the offense.    - Prior to the elbow injury, any Mariota criticisms are really nitpicky. Probably t

Lewis is so much better on a down to down basis it's ridiculous. He led the RB's in DVOA for FO last year & led the league in YPC.  It's not even close.   Henry does break a lot of long

Interesting since you are panicking over Mariota.

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The Cowboys are in trouble. Prescott can't carry a team and they have no weapons outside of Elliot

A couple of years ago at this time the only surefire losses on the horizon were Green Bay and Denver, and maybe KC.

We all saw how that turned out.

Just now, TitanDuckFan said:

A couple of years ago at this time the only surefire losses on the horizon were Green Bay and Denver, and maybe KC.

We all saw how that turned out.

Fine. Likely losses then. I don't think the Titans are worse than the Chargers, Cowboys, and Ravens talent wise. 

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Texans: Uh, they lost Deshaun. I do think he's a bit overrated, but their season was done after that. He's going to light us up again this week because we won't get any pressure on him.

Jags: Still the best defense in the league. If Bortles plays even average, they win. 

Chargers: Chargers are a super bowl contender this year.

Cowboys: I'm not worried about Dak. I'm worried about our front 7 and how Zeke and that running game will run all over us. And that's when Dak is at his best when he has time to throw. 

1 minute ago, ap24786 said:

Texans: Uh, they lost Deshaun. I do think he's a bit overrated, but their season was done after that. He's going to light us up again this week because we won't get any pressure on him.

Jags: Still the best defense in the league. If Bortles plays even average, they win. 

Chargers: Chargers are a super bowl contender this year.

Cowboys: I'm not worried about Dak. I'm worried about our front 7 and how Zeke and that running game will run all over us. And that's when Dak is at his best when he has time to throw. 

The Titans and Jags are a wash.

Chargers a superbowl contender? The Chargers can't get out of their own way. 

Cowboys OL is not what it was. Their offense is a mess

Texans with Watson? He was bad yesterday against a bad Pats pass rush. 

Obviously the Titans have to play way better than they did this past week no matter who the opponent is but you are acting like this wasn't a 9-7 team last year with upgraded talent (Butler, Lewis, Evans, landry, hleathy Davis, etc...) I expect them to be around 9 wins this year as well.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

The Titans and Jags are a wash.

Chargers a superbowl contender? The Chargers can't get out of their own way. 

Cowboys OL is not what it was. Their offense is a mess

Texans with Watson? He was bad yesterday against a bad Pats pass rush. 

Obviously the Titans have to play way better than they did this past week no matter who the opponent is but you are acting like this wasn't a 9-7 team last year with upgraded talent (Butler, Lewis, Evans, landry, hleathy Davis, etc...) I expect them to be around 9 wins this year as well.

I'm still holding to my 8-8 prediction. 

The offensive line has been so inconsistent since the start of last season. Why Mariota has regressed is beyond me. Says its something about his footing or whatever else. Got a 42 year old brand new head coach who has only one season under his belt as a defensive coordinator. Dean Pees should've stayed retired, and this LaFleur kid clearly wasn't the guy who was really behind the Rams offense last year. I don't see a bright future in Nashville.