Preseason Week 3: Titans @ Steelers Game Thread

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s not enough vagisil in the world for you guys right now.  Although, if you’re debating jumping off the ledge, I’d definitely suggest doing so now so we don’t have to endure this incessant

I swear some of you have no concept of what preseason is all about. So what if Mariota blew a pass? I promise you Brady missed some throws last night.

I really hope that other fanbases aren't reading this thread as a judge of Titans fans.  This is embarrassing.

Posted Images

Is it crazy that i feel Jameis Winston is underrated, and will have a big season.. And Marcus will not get a contract extension

im in twitter right now, and the pff guys are saying winston is one of the more underrated players in the league, if thats the case why does everyone call winston a bust and mariota a "franchise qb"

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Agreed. This game there hasn't been many excuses. But us that have criticized Mariota, have seen this a lot while most were quick to blame coaching. 

A lot of ppl thought he would flourish under LaFleur. First decent D we face in preseason in a week that most consider to be the one that is taken the most serious, we looked awful.

He looked awful but again it’s preseason and had only 6-7 series with him so far. Let’s wait until the regular season until we go that far 

7 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

There’s not enough vagisil in the world for you guys right now. 

Although, if you’re debating jumping off the ledge, I’d definitely suggest doing so now so we don’t have to endure this incessant crying all season. 

Thanks. You just ensured they'll wait until after the 6-10 season is over before jumping. Out of spite.

4 minutes ago, AFCSouthRox said:

Is it crazy that i feel Jameis Winston is underrated, and will have a big season.. And Marcus will not get a contract extension

im in twitter right now, and the pff guys are saying winston is one of the more underrated players in the league, if thats the case why does everyone call winston a bust and mariota a "franchise qb"

Winston is underrated only to the extent that people now think he's a complete bum. Winston in reality has been around average but has the tools to be pretty good. He definitely has the stronger arm and more natural throwing motion than MM. But Winston has also been a turnover machine and makes dumb mistakes. Threw like 11 picks and fumbled the ball another 10+ plus times in only 13 games.  He also has a much better receiving core and has had a continuous system with Dirk Koetter since he came into the league. Mariota is literally getting  a new coach each year but I think we finally have a good one. Mariota makes dumb mistakes too sometimes but not as much as Winston. In reality both have been around average so far but it does seem like Mariota has been descending. 

some perspective on the offense so far this offseason, our top two pass catchers from the last two years Walker/Matthews haven't taken a single snap so far, our starting RT Conklin is still recovering from an ACL injury, and our number 1 WR Davis didn't play preseason week 1 and has been in and out of practice all TC.

if Walker/Matthews are missing early in the regular season that would be cause for concern.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

I'm still bothered by that tackle.  Yes it's preseason and no one will remember it or care in 2 weeks.  But it seriously makes me question his football intelligence.  It's the most upset I've been with him in his time with the Titans.

Edited by scine09

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

Of course there is reason for concern. And not just if those two miss time. None of that mattered in what looked bad today.

I think out of that the only thing that works is saying some of the pressure Mariota seen was due to Conklin not being there. Other than that, I dont see how Matthews or Walker make a difference in what we saw from 1st team O today.

The 2nd throw and INT I would assume were on Mariota.  Well I know the INT was definitely on Mariota.  I guess you could make an argument that Matthews wouldn't have made the wrong cut that Davis made.  I'd also assume that the play has been worked on over and over again in practice.  I think that's the first time I've ever seen Mariota correct a receiver.  Which is how you know it was likely the receiver's mistake.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic