9 Nines

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A must watch/hear:    

He could convince his 35% that the Redskins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, ctm said:

There is a separation of powers constitutional issue involved if money is transferred.  Congress has the power of the purse.

They do. As I said the National Security Act has become very expansive. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see it pass the Supreme Court. Either way they need to get rid of that law. 

53 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This isn’t exactly true. The National Emergency Act after it was changed in the court became very expansive. It’s a law that needs to be repealed and replaced. 

If he could do it - he’d have done it.  The only reason he doesn’t is because he knows it won’t work 

Edited by Pragidealist

1 hour ago, Pragidealist said:

If he could do it - he’d have done it.  The only reason he doesn’t is because he knows it won’t work 

Maybe. I think he knows it would be the end of his political capital and it wouldn’t be a guarantee. I’m not saying it would definitely get through. I’m saying I’ve read quite a few legitimate sources and scholars who think it would. 

7 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Maybe. I think he knows it would be the end of his political capital and it wouldn’t be a guarantee. I’m not saying it would definitely get through. I’m saying I’ve read quite a few legitimate sources and scholars who think it would. 

What political capital?!?

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:49 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

They do. As I said the National Security Act has become very expansive. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see it pass the Supreme Court. Either way they need to get rid of that law. 

Go to court and using his own words. The first question. Was this a campaign promise or national security issue? Based on your own tweet it looks like a campaign promise that does not match the data from your DHS and Border Patrol reports. 

Edited by Btowner

On 1/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, Starkiller said:

It will hurt both sides, but it won’t hurt both sides equally. 

Trump said he would take the blame for the shutdown beforehand. And Trump is unpopular, so it’s that much easier to blame him. That makes it easy for Democrats to spin it that way.

Republicans are always going to blame Dems and Dems are always going to blame Republicans. But the independents seem to be blaming Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/americans-blame-trump-and-gop-much-more-than-democrats-for-shutdown-post-abc-poll-finds/2019/01/12/9c89aff2-16a9-11e9-90a8-136fa44b80ba_story.html

By a wide margin, more Americans blame President Trump and Republicans in Congress than congressional Democrats for the now record-breaking government shutdown, and most reject the president’s assertion that there is an illegal-immigration crisis on the southern border, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Concerning the allocation of blame, 53 percent say Trump and the Republicans are mainly at fault, and 29 percent blame the Democrats in Congress. Thirteen percent say both sides bear equal responsibility for the shutdown. That is identical to the end of the 16-day shutdown in 2013, when 29 percent blamed then-President Barack Obama and 53 percent put the responsibility on congressional Republicans.

A predictable partisan divide shapes the blame game, with 85 percent of Democrats citing Trump and Republicans as the cause and 68 percent of Republicans pointing the finger at congressional Democrats. Independents fix the blame squarely on the president and his party rather than on the Democrats, by 53 percent to 23 percent. Women blame Trump and Republicans by a margin of 35 points, and men blame the president and the GOP by 13 points.