The Patriots Dynasty Whose Most Responsible (Is Brady leading a revolt against Belichick?)

MIKE75

54 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

In the annual Do Your Job special shown in the preseason following the comeback against Atlanta; they show the players being made to run hills at the end of practice the previous preseason. Who's the coach, yelling at them to dig deep and that working on their conditioning will pay dividends come post season when they're in a close game and the other team runs out of gas and they don't? Bellichick.

Anyone can be a hardass to players. The reason they put up with that Patriot way shit was for the chance to play with the unstoppable Tom Brady. Brady is the goose that laid the golden egg. You think other coaches wouldn't love to rip into their players and pressure them left and right? Let any other coach try that mess and see what happens. Let the coach of the Jets Dolphins Jags Cardinals try it. LOL.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A classic Mike novella post----it's comforting to know that in a completely unpredictable world there are a few things that are constants. When you see that Mike has started a thread, you automaticall

They should have kept Garoppolo and traded Brady at the end of the season.  And I'm sure that's exactly what Belichick would have done if he was allowed to.

Brady has played against the AFC East every year which usually is terrible.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, JNew said:

Trust me I judge by what he does on the field. I haven't mentioned accomplishments, in fact all the emphasis on stats in this discussion is not thebsticking point for me. You keep pointing to yards and passer rating when they don't tell the complete story, only part and out of context. What he does on the field is what I judge, on the field is seared into my memory in that last playoff loss. He made us look fucking silly. I've watched him play, he's incredible. He's not as physically gifted as Rodgers or Wilson or a lot of quarterbacks current or past. Rodgers and Wilson are both amazing future HOF quarterbacks. But in the falcons SB I felt like the only person who had full faith Brady was coming back to win it. I love Wilson and Rodgers but they don't make that comeback.

As for comparing Foles and Brady, Foles was amazing that day, but his being amazing that one game doesn't negate how incredible Brady was and is. Brady threw for 500 freaking yards 3tds and no interceptions. He clearly outplayed Foles. Again, would he have had to throw for 600 yards to jump out of the screen at you, to be better than Foles that game? I just don't get how you can downplay this man's accomplishments or why you'd want to. 

And while Foles was amazing, it was for a handful of games. If he does it for almost 2 decades he'd be considered right up there with Brady. You act like Foles' Super Bowl performance was pedestrian to make Brady look bad but the argument falls flat.

It's much easier to make a comeback when your defense is suffocating the opposing team, making TOs and knocking the opposing team out of field goal range at crucial times.  You are oblivious if you think that was 100 percent Brady.  The guy threw a pick 6 in the first half, for goodness sake.  The defense allowed 21 points to one of the best offenses in the past decade, and played as clutch as they did in the previous SB when Butler won the game for them.

Brady did not outplay Foles.  He threw at least 3 passes which hit the DBs right in the hands.  Foles had one accurate pass bounce off the hands of Jeffrey, causing an INT.  Brady once again folded in clutch time because of his inability to avoid a pass rush.  That been his Achilles heel, which his supporting cast and coaching has covered up for over the past decade.

Edited by abc2330

Been watching football since the mid 60's when the first Super Bowl was played, but no one has convinced me yet that Brady is the goat.  He is damn good in a system that is damn good, in an AFC East division that has been shit for waaay too long.  Put him in other crappy systems and I doubt seriously he's the same Brady we all know, but unfortunately we'll probably never get to see that happen. 

He's 5-3 in SB's and damn close to being 4-4 for a .500 record, if not for Butler saving the Pats that year with his INT.  Even Brady says he is a product of the system he plays in.  He just being humble you say?  Nah, he's being honest with himself! ;)  From a very short interview a year ago...

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-says-hes-not-greatest-quarterback-2017-5

However, he's not the greatest NFL quarterback of all time, according to one man: Brady himself.

In an interview with ESPN's Ian O'Connor published Monday, Brady deflected that title and said what many others have about his career — that he's a product of the Patriots' rock-solid system:

"I don't agree with that, and I'll tell you why. I know myself as a player. I'm really a product of what I've been around, who I was coached by, what I played against, in the era I played in. I really believe if a lot of people were in my shoes they could accomplish the same kinds of things. So I've been very fortunate. ... I don't ever want to be the weak link."

17 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Brady just throws to the open receiver?

Why doesn't anyone tell Mariota it's that simple!

I'd say it's a bit more difficult to throw it to an open receiver when there are none.  I imagine that he won't struggle as much once he no longer has a sub-NFL caliber OC and coaching staff.

14 hours ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

Been watching football since the mid 60's when the first Super Bowl was played, but no one has convinced me yet that Brady is the goat.  He is damn good in a system that is damn good, in an AFC East division that has been shit for waaay too long.  Put him in other crappy systems and I doubt seriously he's the same Brady we all know, but unfortunately we'll probably never get to see that happen. 

He's 5-3 in SB's and damn close to being 4-4 for a .500 record, if not for Butler saving the Pats that year with his INT.  Even Brady says he is a product of the system he plays in.  He just being humble you say?  Nah, he's being honest with himself! ;)  From a very short interview a year ago...

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-says-hes-not-greatest-quarterback-2017-5

However, he's not the greatest NFL quarterback of all time, according to one man: Brady himself.

In an interview with ESPN's Ian O'Connor published Monday, Brady deflected that title and said what many others have about his career — that he's a product of the Patriots' rock-solid system:

"I don't agree with that, and I'll tell you why. I know myself as a player. I'm really a product of what I've been around, who I was coached by, what I played against, in the era I played in. I really believe if a lot of people were in my shoes they could accomplish the same kinds of things. So I've been very fortunate. ... I don't ever want to be the weak link."

Yup. I think Manning and Marino are above him as QBs.

I think Brady will play well this year but I think this is the year the Pats will stumble a bit.  They are replacing too much all at once and they must get a LT who can block.  That is a big if in this draft.  Getting Edelman back makes up for Amendola and some of Cook but their WR's have no deep speed.  I think they are still loaded at RB.  Their Defense needs a lot too.  They win the East but I don't think they are clear AFC favorites.  

2 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

I think Brady will play well this year but I think this is the year the Pats will stumble a bit.  They are replacing too much all at once and they must get a LT who can block.  That is a big if in this draft.  Getting Edelman back makes up for Amendola and some of Cook but their WR's have no deep speed.  I think they are still loaded at RB.  Their Defense needs a lot too.  They win the East but I don't think they are clear AFC favorites.  

Are you nuts?  Who is going to beat them?

7 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

I think there are 3 teams who can take them now.  

Nonsense.  The Patriots will win that division by at least 3 games.  I would say they'll win by at least 4 games but being conservative I'll say 3.