2017 Draft Profile: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State

Jonboy

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Adams and Hooker are both good for different reasons 

I would love to know how they really want to use Byard. That would probably tell us if they'd prefer Hooker or Adams.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly I think it's a little early in the game to know 100% on how JRob grades and evaluates players. Chill with the "he won't do this and will do that."

Byard would likely play high FS if Adams is drafted and SS if Hooker is drafted, the good thing is he can do both 

I really hope those less familiar with Bongo at draftime are ignoring this.  Hooker isn't terrible at tackling. In fact, he often flies to the play from deep in the secondary. His recognition and

7 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I would love to know how they really want to use Byard. That would probably tell us if they'd prefer Hooker or Adams.

If they are supposed to be interchangeable then Adams is more of a fit, but maybe they change if they draft Hooker who knows just don't want him anywhere near the line of scrimmage.

Edited by Huston

What's interesting about Byard is he was more of a FS in college and had quite a few picks, IIRC. He started out the year doing mostly that for us and as the year went on, he played more SS.

17 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Byard would likely play high FS if Adams is drafted and SS if Hooker is drafted, the good thing is he can do both 

Could also play NB or Joker role if we went either safety and have Adams/Hooker at FS and Searcy SS

Byard can line up 1:1 with WRs/TEs

15 hours ago, Jonboy said:

What's interesting about Byard is he was more of a FS in college and had quite a few picks, IIRC. He started out the year doing mostly that for us and as the year went on, he played more SS.

19 in college 

0 here

i blame lack of rusher at DE across Casey, lack of ILB and lack of cBs 1-3

20 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Seems like we can't go wrong with Adams or Hooker.

We can.  Hooker is horrible at taking angles in the run game.  He would be a liability in run D.  He is a pure centerfielder and would be best on pass downs.......

18 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Hooker in the middle of the field would improve our defense a lot. I like the idea of having Adams and Byard being interchangeable but I think Byard is a far better SS. Plus having the middle of the field covered makes our corners so much better. 

The reason why is he can do both and we do not have a physical S.  That is why I want Adams and not Hooker.  Hooker is horrible against the run.  Byard and Adams would be dynamite duo.  Byard needs to play FS and Adams SS. 

Hooker is horrible on run fits because he is inexperienced.......I like his pass skills......I could see him playing slot CB his rookie year until he is trained how to stop the run.......it is the one spot he really is like a four rounder.  

33 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

Hooker is horrible on run fits because he is inexperienced.......I like his pass skills......I could see him playing slot CB his rookie year until he is trained how to stop the run.......it is the one spot he really is like a four rounder.  

Exactly, major liability against the run.

S have to be able to do both well......Hooker is elite in the pass game and remedial in the run game.  You have to know that when you draft him.  Adams is elite in both.  Tape shows it.