The Firing Season

Come on Titans

In looking across the league I only see 4 jobs that will be open. Houston, Tennessee, Washington and Detroit. There's a lot of potential openings but I don't see Rex Ryan, Dennis Allen, Tom Coughlin, Jason Garrett, Leslie Frazier, Mike Smith or Greg Schiano losing their jobs.

I would think that the Titans would almost have their pick.

It's looking more and more likely that Shanny will return to Washington since Snyder called his bluff and stated he wouldn't pay Shanny and his staff 13M for not coaching next year. Allen, Garret, and Frazier are all potential fires as well. Regardless, the Titans will not have their pick of candidates because Webster isn't going to give the new coach much control. I agree with Oman that Webster will likely hire a coordinator that isn't asking for control.

Edited by oldschool

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this franchise lets two utterly meaningless wins subject the team to another year of a pointless coaching staff, then failure is deserved.

The idea the last two games against pitiful teams would decide Munchak's fate is ridiculous. They already know what they are going to do with Munchak, and all signs point to him being fired. Smith alr

The Titans don't need a coach that wants control. You think Jay Gruden, Greg Roman or Ken Whisenhunt would need control? I'd take any of them over some egotistical coach that had inflated success in t

It's looking more and more likely that Shanny will return to Washington since Snyder called his bluff and stated he wouldn't pay Shanny and his staff 13M for not coaching next year. Allen, Garret, and Frazier are all potential fires as well. Regardless, the Titans will not have their pick of candidates because Webster isn't going to give the new coach much control. I agree with Oman that Webster will likely hire a coordinator that isn't asking for control.

The Titans don't need a coach that wants control. You think Jay Gruden, Greg Roman or Ken Whisenhunt would need control? I'd take any of them over some egotistical coach that had inflated success in the past.

The Titans don't need a coach that wants control. You think Jay Gruden, Greg Roman or Ken Whisenhunt would need control? I'd take any of them over some egotistical coach that had inflated success in the past.

There are varying degrees of control. Webster is coming across as more and more of a control freak. The question is that just who he is or is it a result of Munch not being qualified to handle some of the responsibilities? I definitely don't want a coach to have total control butin order to get a good one, they will likely want some input in how the roster is constructed. 

Edited by oldschool

There are varying degrees of control. Webster is coming across as more and more of a control freak. The question is that just who he is or is it a result of Munch not being qualified to handle some of the responsibilities. I definitely don't want a coach to have total control butin order to get a good one, they will likely want some input in how the roster is constructed. 

I don't think that Webster is stupid. He knows that the new coach will have to have some input. I'd assume he won't hire anyone that doesn't share the same philosophies toward how to build a football team. The thing that scares me is that his philosophy may bring on a coach like Brian Schottenheimer.