AFC Playoff Standings

tgo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I almost don't want to even think about playoff scenarios. I'm enjoying just watching the games on Sunday with them playing well and improving. 

The Texans don't even need to "fall off", really.    If we beat Indy next week, then 1st place in the division is on the line the following week in Houston regardless of what the Texans do n

Titans need to win the division and be done with it. If we can't beat Indy and Hou down the stretch then they don't deserve the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Always fun to play with the different scenarios here using this site: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/tennessee-titans-nfl-playoff-picture.html

If we win against the colts and texas that sim would give us a 81% chance of winning the division. Beat the jets and jags as well and we are at 98%

On 11/12/2018 at 9:32 AM, bizzyeddie said:

if we can get one of the next 2 divisional games I think we are good.  Still not sure which one I think we need the most.

I think the Titans have a better chance at winning this game and not the Texan game, just b/c the Texan game is a payback game.

We beat the Texans without Marcus. Andrew luck is more dangerous than Watson. We don’t need to turn the ball over against the colts. We lost to buffalo by turning the ball over and dropping passes. Plus Marcus is healthy now. We need pressure on luck. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:59 AM, bizzyeddie said:

typically I would agree but after we just shut down Brady I like our chances.   Luck scares me...the colts don't

On one of the talk shows this morning (I think it was Golic and Wingo) they said that although the Titans have looked good as of late, the Pats "let the Titans Win" because Bill likes Vrabel and knows that at the end of the season, this game won't play into any scenarios affecting the Pats..

He also said that he feels the Texans are the best team overall in the AFC...so take it for what its worth!

48 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

The Texans game is more important.

hard to say...would seem that way but if they lose to skins this week then not as big...we beat them once so we know we got a split with them already

never know till the last couple games how this division will shake out

1 minute ago, bizzyeddie said:

hard to say...would seem that way but if they lose to skins this week then not as big...we beat them once so we know we got a split with them already

never know till the last couple games how this division will shake out

From a statistical standpoint it’s 100 percent the Texans game.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

The colts are just as hot as we are, likely hotter, and only a game behind us... Wayyyy too early to say which team's losses matter more

Like I said, statistically; using all the data given to us via numbers, the Texans is currently the bigger game.

They had one of the Vegas guys on The Zone today and he was saying that he was on the Titans; also noted that there was a higher percentage of bets on the Colts, but there was more money on the Titans; that's usually a sign that the smart money is going Titans way. He wasn't impressed by Houston's road games this year and was taking the Redskins.

Edited by No1TitansFan

It’s funny that Luck looked done early on. I’m still not convinced he’s back. He hasn’t been sacked in I don’t know how long. They have a great Oline. But so does Dallas. If we get to him, we get into his head. He has not forgotten his injury. 

Regarding Houston, if we can survive Hopkins’ never-called OPIs and Watson’s dumb escapable luck, we’ll be sitting pretty. Offense has to step up, but doesn’t need to go nuts, although I hope they do against a tough D.