HELP! I'm in love with the WR draft class

XAEA12

Contrary to what I've seen some say, this WR draft class is talented and deep. Last year there were only 3 standout prospects and there was a run on them bc talent was lacking, but honestly I take a 5 or 6 of these guys over Ross and Mike Williams if they were in this draft. 

Remember drafts are all about supply and demand bc teams draft need more than they care to admit. With this much talent guys could walk on water and not get above a 4th round grade (I'm looking at you Keke Coutee).

Every time I find a player I'm in love with for us to pick another one comes around. So many players over 6 feet running in the 4.4s. So many players with good production. 

My 2 favorite are DJ Moore early and Keke Coutee late. For the life of me I don't know why Coutee isn't getting more love but if Moore is gone by our pick at 25 if we could wait til the 4th to get Coutee I think he could push for playing time this year. Though I'm a little concerned with Ridley's pack of production I also realize he played at Bama with a middling QB, I'd be over the moon to draft him. I know a lot of folks are down on Chark but I think he suffered from bad QB play as well though he isn't polished like Ridley he was productive. I think we are looking mainly for a Moore, Ridley, Michael Gallup, Anthony Miller, Dante Pettis type around 6' 200 and runs good routes and has speed

We might go in an entirely different direction and go for a Decker/Dez type, a big body WR who could also play slot. Guys like Sutton, St Brown, Tre'quan Smith fit while still being plenty fast. I think Chark could fit this mold too.

As a late round UFA I wouldn't mind putting a flier out on the guy from MTSU. Very productive but raw sort of like Taywan but far less draft capital.

What WRs have caught your eye, or do you think we should avoid WR altogether?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best way to fall out of love is to tell your love interest that you're broke.

I got a grip, and the lube is in the other hand   

They would rather throw Adoree out there as a WR when the game was on the line than Taylor. Pretty damning. 

I've posted about Tre'Quan Smith in another topic, but he's growing on me. Has the highest passer rating when targeted and either the highest or second highest pass rating when targeted deep.

Also a big fan of Dylan Cantrell, if he can learn to separate at the NFL he can be special. Great catcher in traffic, on contested catches, and on the sidelines.

Edited by Tomachek

12 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

I've posted about Tre'Quan Smith in another topic, but he's growing on me. Has the highest passer rating when targeted and either the highest or second highest pass rating when targeted deep.

Also a big fan of Dylan Cantrell, if he can learn to separate at the NFL he can be special. Great catcher in traffic, on contested catches, and on the sidelines.

Smith is definitely intriguing. He has the measurables, tape, and production.

10 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Calvin Ridley will be better than Cooper imo

I know it's not the popular opinion but I could see it. Cooper had an amazing collegiate career, but he did have better QBing with McCarron and Sims.  Cooper is known for his body control but damn Ridley's body control is stupid incredible, especially for 6'3

6 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Anthony Miller in 2 or 3 would be badass

My concern with Miller is you don't see a lot of separation in his tape and then he didn't run a 40. It's not like Davis where he was blowing everyone away on tape. That said I like Miller a lot even if he isn't my favorite on the list. That just stood out to me watching guys draped on him a lot, though he makes a lot of contested catches which is nice.

18 minutes ago, JNew said:

My concern with Miller is you don't see a lot of separation in his tape and then he didn't run a 40. It's not like Davis where he was blowing everyone away on tape. That said I like Miller a lot even if he isn't my favorite on the list. That just stood out to me watching guys draped on him a lot, though he makes a lot of contested catches which is nice.

Put him in the slot

20 minutes ago, JNew said:

I know it's not the popular opinion but I could see it. Cooper had an amazing collegiate career, but he did have better QBing with McCarron and Sims.  Cooper is known for his body control but damn Ridley's body control is stupid incredible, especially for 6'3

Ridley is 6’1 and maybe 195lb

that said he is a stud and I think he could be the JuJu of this class and blow everyone away. He could step in day one and be a top #2 or slot option and transition to the outside next season post Matthews

I'm surprised we havent seen much talk about Christian Kirk.  He's not the prototypical WR height/speed combo that everyone loves, but the guy is a serious threat when the ball is in his hands:  runs hard like a RB, makes defenders miss, and he's tough to bring down...creates a lot of extra yards on his own.  

17 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Ridley is 6’1 and maybe 195lb

that said he is a stud and I think he could be the JuJu of this class and blow everyone away. He could step in day one and be a top #2 or slot option and transition to the outside next season post Matthews

His combine page has him listed as 6'3 but you are right he's just 6'1. I definitely think he, Moore, and a few others would step in and start right away in 3 WR sets.

31 minutes ago, nine said:

I'm surprised we havent seen much talk about Christian Kirk.  He's not the prototypical WR height/speed combo that everyone loves, but the guy is a serious threat when the ball is in his hands:  runs hard like a RB, makes defenders miss, and he's tough to bring down...creates a lot of extra yards on his own.  

I've been combing over so many prospects I have not looked into him at all, I will check him out