Former GOP Senator says Republican don't want gun control

freakingeek

Former state representative David Jolly, R- Florida says flip the house of representatives if the public is serious about gun control because Repub aren't going to do shit.

The former Florida congressman said “Republicans will never do anything on gun control,” referencing the shooting at a baseball field last year that left House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) seriously injured.

“The idea of gun policy in the Republican Party is to try to get a speaking slot at the NRA and prove to that constituency that you’re further right than generations past of Republicans have been on guns,” he said.

Go ahead Tux and Thor, defend this BS. The shooter was a white supremacist emboldened by Trump's policies. Nothing we don't already know but  just another example of Trump's chickens coming home to roost. In the 2015-2016 election cycle alone, GOP candidates took $17,385,437 from the NRA, This is NOT counting the $21 million given to President Trump.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/373983-ex-gop-lawmaker-vote-republicans-out-of-office-if-you-want-mass-shootings

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not true. They made it easier for the mentally disabled to buy guns...

Raving about tyranny and invasion is not a legitimate reason for my son to be at risk in school.   I have a Driver's License.  My car is registered in the state of NY.  I still have the free

Well, I'll be honest, I expected the FBI/NICS (National Instant Check System) to be a clusterfuck when I first heard about it.  But I was just thinking about this earlier,...  I only own two guns nowa

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

daaa, it isn't "Republicans" that don't want gun control it is the people

people don't want to give up their guns.

Bullshit. It's not all or nothing. Never has been. Large majority support gun legislation. Its the right wing spin machine that wants to frame it like that so nothing gets done and they can keep taking money from the NRA. 

Some far-right media was promoting stories that some politicians were calling for gun control of white gun owners. https://thinkprogress.org/after-parkland-far-right-media-starts-pushing-fake-news-c063120a8e48/

If there are people who would believe gun control could be placed on white people only, then that crowd would fall for anything. 

7 hours ago, freakingeek said:

Former state representative David Jolly, R- Florida says flip the house of representatives if the public is serious about gun control because Repub aren't going to do shit.

The former Florida congressman said “Republicans will never do anything on gun control,” referencing the shooting at a baseball field last year that left House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) seriously injured.

“The idea of gun policy in the Republican Party is to try to get a speaking slot at the NRA and prove to that constituency that you’re further right than generations past of Republicans have been on guns,” he said.

Go ahead Tux and Thor, defend this BS. The shooter was a white supremacist emboldened by Trump's policies. Nothing we don't already know but  just another example of Trump's chickens coming home to roost. In the 2015-2016 election cycle alone, GOP candidates took $17,385,437 from the NRA, This is NOT counting the $21 million given to President Trump.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/373983-ex-gop-lawmaker-vote-republicans-out-of-office-if-you-want-mass-shootings

What  a dumb assed comment...

4 hours ago, reo said:

Bullshit. It's not all or nothing. Never has been. Large majority support gun legislation. Its the right wing spin machine that wants to frame it like that so nothing gets done and they can keep taking money from the NRA. 

Oh horseshit... It's as much social media and the loss of family values that imo are leading to more and more wackos... There were tons of guns when I was growing up too but nothing near the acting out of such heinous acts... Guns don't just walk up and start shooting at people... Yes, something must be done but lets get real, how do you remove the millions of guns already in public hands? It can't be done... So where do you go from here --- I'm serious --- what's the next step when someone who wants to do this crap can go get weapons illegally if they really want to? Enough finger pointing --- do you really think Republicans or Democrats want to see their children or any children shot and Murdered??? Pointing fingers is ridiculous and petty this is much more important then piss ant politics...

Nothing can be done that will have an immediate impact and also be tolerated by the gun toters.

It has to be a slow change that will stop this madness in a few generations. So the next step at this point is basically anything to get the ball rolling towards that goal.

3 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Nothing can be done that will have an immediate impact and also be tolerated by the gun toters.

It has to be a slow change that will stop this madness in a few generations. So the next step at this point is basically anything to get the ball rolling towards that goal.

More bullshit... What are you saying get rid of all guns? Good luck with that... Anti gun people will never catch on... 

You go about getting like swat/police/military people to go to schools and see how to set up protection and minimize entrance points... Then get these same types of people qualified to protect our children to do so... Something along those lines of being proactive and not reactive...

I'm sure there are other areas where gun control could help out but if someone wishes to cause harm there are other methods besides guns... The idea is to protect... I'm sure I have no knowledge of how to do something like this but there sure as hell are people that can and I don't understand why something hasn't been done before now...

9 hours ago, reo said:

This is exactly right. I tire from people who respond to this shit with the same arguments. At least the ban guns crowd, as ideological as they are, want to do something. 

I do think liberals need to come to the middle on this though. Ideas of having armed people at every single school needs to be discussed. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I do think liberals need to come to the middle on this though. Ideas of having armed people at every single school needs to be discussed. 

LOL @ thinking this is "The middle".....

They can't even ban bump stocks, high volume magazines or armor piercing rounds even though most Americans support these measures.

The tide is turning, people will start getting voted out that have their allegiance to NRA donations vs real reform 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

LOL @ thinking this is "The middle".....

They can't even ban bump stocks, high volume magazines or armor piercing rounds even though most Americans support these measures.

The tide is turning, people will start getting voted out that have their allegiance to NRA donations vs real reform 

That is long term thinking. Immediate action needs to be taken to secure and protect schools. The banning of the things above will take district courts ruling on these things as well as the Supreme Court. Do you people not understand how any of this works? Fuck your long term solutions. Immediate action is necessary, and then we can deal with the rest of it. 

10 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That is long term thinking. Immediate action needs to be taken to secure and protect schools. The banning of the things above will take district courts ruling on these things as well as the Supreme Court. Do you people not understand how any of this works? Fuck your long term solutions. Immediate action is necessary, and then we can deal with the rest of it. 

Pretty sure the school had an armed security guard that didnt encounter the shooter according to the local Sheriff yesterday. 

The only person trained and armed to fight back against an assailant at Stoneman Douglas is its one school resource officer, a Broward Sheriff’s deputy funded by the city of Parkland. But Maxwell said she doesn’t think he was on campus when the shooting happened.

“I have been told by a couple of sources that the SRO was either called off campus responding to something happening or it could have been his day off,” she said. “They are stretched very thin.”