Patriots being investigated for deflating footballs in last night's game.

TitansGuru

35 minutes ago, Face said:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/05/nfl-new-england-patriots-deflategate-fumbles-tom-brady-bill-belichick

This may have been posted already, if so I apologize, but I could've predicted this. The Pats, once again, led the league in fewest fumbles per play & had one of their best seasons in this particular regard in the last decade.

So much for the deflated ball/low fumble rate theory.

Well that or they're still cheating.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other investigation will be the rape and torture of Andrew Luck.

I firmly hold that outright and blatant cheating results in forfeit regardless of whether you ended up needing it.

It should result in a lost trip to the Superbowl.

20 minutes ago, Face said:

LOL

As long as BB and Brady are on the field they are looking for ways to bend the advantage their way.  They may not outright break the rules because the other clubs are watching them but I promise they will push the rules to the absolute limits of what they can get away with.

If there's some grey area somewhere that they feel that they can claim ignorance on or it's not really their fault such as communications going haywire on their sidelines, they're going to be all over that.  

32 minutes ago, Justafan said:

As long as BB and Brady are on the field they are looking for ways to bend the advantage their way.  They may not outright break the rules because the other clubs are watching them but I promise they will push the rules to the absolute limits of what they can get away with.

If there's some grey area somewhere that they feel that they can claim ignorance on or it's not really their fault such as communications going haywire on their sidelines, they're going to be all over that.  

No question. I have no doubt they've implemented some shady practices in the past but a lot of folks who dislike them make it out to be some high level,  Machiavellian type shit. You'd think they're the CIA trying to implement regime change.

Do they push the boundaries? Yeah. But I'd say that makes up about 2% of their success. They're the most dominant dynasty ever, and like the other great teams, think of Duke basketball, the Yankees, etc, a lot of people hate them. Hell, I despise the Yankees, it's fun to root against the "Evil Empires" in sports. But people also go overboard in using the cheating as the reason for all their success, it makes them feel better, gives them something to vent about & point to when they keep on winning.

33 minutes ago, Face said:

No question. I have no doubt they've implemented some shady practices in the past but a lot of folks who dislike them make it out to be some high level,  Machiavellian type shit. You'd think they're the CIA trying to implement regime change.

Do they push the boundaries? Yeah. But I'd say that makes up about 2% of their success. They're the most dominant dynasty ever, and like the other great teams, think of Duke basketball, the Yankees, etc, a lot of people hate them. Hell, I despise the Yankees, it's fun to root against the "Evil Empires" in sports. But people also go overboard in using the cheating as the reason for all their success, it makes them feel better, gives them something to vent about & point to when they keep on winning.

That's just it.  I think Adams and Belichick are obsessed with spy type stuff.  I thibk Adams's job is to basically come up with stuff that they can get away with.

30 minutes ago, Face said:

I have no problem with gamesmanship.  All of the franchises do that.  The Patriots have been very very good and there's no denying that.

However, there have been doubts and scandals throughout the entire BB/Brady tenure and almost every Super Bowl has been clouded by some type of cheating scandal.  It started out small but when the Spygate stuff took off and Belichick acted like he didn't know that was against the rules, just let me know what he was all about.

And the deflate gate scandal honestly wouldn't be that bad except they had already been exposed as cheaters to the entire world and then had the audacity to go and do something else, get away with it, rub it in everyone's faces, and then get mad and demand an apology that anyone could even suggest that they were cheating.  Boils my blood.

For the record, while Brady certainly benefits from all this and knows some things that are going on, such as the illegal communication and probably the ball pressure, I don't think he's actually involved with coming up with these schemes.  While I don't like Brady and think he's a sleaze it's hard to think that there's a QB who wouldn't take advantage in the same way that Brady has and will continue to his entire career.

The pats continue to hounded and fined by the league because goodell caught them with a bevy of evidence of cheating. it would have wiped out all their superbowls. instead, he burned the tapes and slapped them on the wrist. but told them he'd be watching. they will continue to get this kind of over-punishment. from here on out every time something fishy pops up until goodell feels all is right from skeezing their way to those superbowls. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-s-missing-data-on-air-pressure-is-another-black-eye-in-deflate-gate-saga-025852568.html

NFL's missing data on air pressure is another black eye in deflate-gate saga

SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Roger Goodell sure did get upset when Tom Brady destroyed his cell phone last year during the deflate-gate saga, an implication the quarterback was hiding something.

The NFL commissioner returned the favor on Tuesday when he announced the league did not keep any of the data on air pressure of footballs that officials were required to log and submit to the league office during the 2015 season.

Evidence? What evidence?

Since the NFL established the ball-testing plan, scientists around the country have been waiting to see how the league tried to spin its way out of Ideal Gas Law, which has been accepted fact since 1834. It seemed like Goodell was walking the league into a trap.

Apparently the league won't even try to fight it and just hope no one is paying attention.

Of course, that's been the strategy for a while now. Consider the original "Brady destroyed his cell phone" story – conveniently leaked via "league sources" to scream through the news cycle. It turned out Ted Wells, who headed the NFL's investigation, told Brady that he didn't need to hand over the phone. Brady's mistake was trusting Wells.

It didn't matter. When something that wasn't needed was destroyed, the league used it as proof of guilt, both in Goodell's findings and the court of public opinion.

Now that something that was needed was "lost," hey, it's no big deal.

As recently as October, with the new pressure measuring system under way, Goodell was asked at a formal news conference when and how the NFL data would be released publicly.

"I don't know," he said, with zero insinuation that the league wasn't keeping the information.

The NFL, in a follow-up inquiry from Yahoo Sports, stated a week later, "we simply haven't focused yet on how the information will be distributed."

Apparently it was distributed into an incinerator.

Regardless of whether there was any validity to the allegations against Brady and the Patriots organization....the manner in which the league handled the issue was incompetent and derelict to a degree that literally borders on criminal negligence.

Here's what I find truly appalling:  the NFL maintained its self-righteous chest-pounding for months and made absolutely sure that Deflate-gate was headline news for the entirety of the offseason, repeatedly assuring everyone that "the truth will come out".    Now that the 2016 season is over, the league has had hundreds of opportunities to collect PSI data from real games in every weather condition imaginable.   If they had any inkling of proof that supported their allegations, you can be damn sure they would have trumpeted it to the world by now.   But after spending most of the 2015 calendar year on a crusade against Brady and the Patriots organization,  the league has fallen into a state of radio silence in recent months and is doing their very best to sweep the whole fiasco under the rug as if it never happened.

In *any* other walk of life...industry, politics, education, media, whatever....the embarrassing collapse and implosion of such a high-profile campaign by a multi-billion dollar entity would result in mass firings, resignations, and general upheaval within the organization.  Those who led the charge would be quickly dismissed and their actions publicly decried and denounced as the organization went into damage-control mode and did its best to distance itself from the individuals. That's how the real world works.   It's called accountability.

But the NFL has shown none of this.   They spent the better part of a year pounding their pulpit on a media crusade against the Patriots....but with nothing whatsoever to substantiate their claims and lacking ammunition to continue their crusade, they have now changed course and are taking a Gilda Radner/Emily Litella approach to the whole thing:

The hell of it is, we're going to let them get away with it.   The NFL fan base is bunch of junkies...that's what we do.  We can protest all we want...but the end of the day, we don't give a damn how much crap they feed us or what shady business practices they perpetuate.   As long as they keep giving us our fix, we'll keep tuning in, showing up, and throwing our money at them.

Dance, little monkeys!   Dance!

• 1 month later...

Sure sounds like Goodell's power might get upheld on appeal. Good. Not that I want Goodell to have power (I generally dislike him) but because it was always clear Brady was involved in skirting the rules one way or another and I hate his smug face getting away with it.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/03/tom-bradys-suspension-likely-to-be-restored-after-rough-court-day/