Are we as bad as we think we are?

Mythos27

How bad are the Titans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Titans as bad as we think?

• WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE
    • The Titans have had SuperBowl quality opponents
    • The Titans are worse than what we thought

The announcers mentioned that the Jags were starting six rookies... on OFFENSE as I recall. On the other hand, Whitehurst only has one or two more career starts than Bortles!

The Jags were playing rookies at key positions and almost won the game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without the 4 losses they would be 6-0!

We aren't as bad as everyone on here makes us out to be.   It's all mostly overreaction and drama queen meltdown most of the time on here.   We aren't in the bottom 5, even if some here want to be

You are what your record says you are.

You know Mythos I was wondering this as well until this game. We've had an absolutely brutal schedule, Locker hurt his hand early against the Bengals, and everything went wrong early against the Colts. Cleveland is a pretty good team that we were destroying (which we of course blew).

That went out the window today though. If we came out & won 31-6, maybe. But not this.

No we are not as bad as we think we are.. We are a lot worse.

Whenever a franchise is being rebuilt it comes in phases. Usually the  Special Teams unit is the one that matures first, then comes the defense. By the time the defense is brought along and where you want it to be the offense comes last. What separates the teams after that? Its all in the QB. Some teams find them, others don't and spend years trying to find one and usually it never comes and they start over.

Right now, the Titans special teams is one of the worst in the league. They have allowed 3 safeties on STs alone. 

The defense? No where near being close to being good. Offense? Yikes...

A. The Titans as bad as we think.

B. The Teams we've played make us look worse than we really are.

C. The Titans are worse than we think.

C. Because I wasn't expecting THIS even though I knew we were rebuilding. Before the season I still had *some* hope for Locker (but a little voice said don't bet on it).

You know Mythos I was wondering this as well until this game. We've had an absolutely brutal schedule, Locker hurt his hand early against the Bengals, and everything went wrong early against the Colts. Cleveland is a pretty good team that we were destroying (which we of course blew).

That went out the window today though. If we came out & won 31-6, maybe. But not this.

I can respect that. The Jags are really bad and the final score doesn't really put us in a positive light. For what it's worth I think we pretty much dominated most of the game. The offense just can't seem to sustain their early success. For the record I view our absolute ceiling as 8-8 and think we'll really go 5-11.

I really bring this up because we've seen teams like the 2012 Chiefs who had much more talent than their record implied. That talent was only able to shine once the coaching and QB situation were rectified. I suspect we might be in a similar situation except that even in 2012 that Chiefs D had a bunch of pro-bowlers.

Edited by Mythos27

I'm hoping we're not quite as bad as the record as of right now.  The O line looks pretty poor.  I'm a huge fan of Mettenberger, but I don't want him behind that line until they show some improvement.   Shaking and baking is not Mett's thing.  I hope the line improves between now and the bye, since I think he'll probably take over at that point.  The way the line is playing right now it's gonna effect just about any QB in the league in terms of diminished play.  The people coming right up the gut bringing pressure on passing downs is what's most troublesome.   I'd actually like to see more double TE formations and extra OL formations making an effort to smack the opposing defenses in the mouth and keep them from coming downhill so aggressively against the Titans passing game.  I'd like to see the Titans go away from the 3 WR sets a little bit, just to become more physical.  Personnel is probably the issue with that though.  I think the Titans are what the record says they are.  There still needs to be a lot more consistency all around.  Maybe getting more and more familiar with the schemes on both sides of the ball will allow more consistency to develop, but it seems like it might not improve too much given the personnel. 

They were screwed at the TE position again today. Don't know if it came through on the telecast, but they were announcing O-linemen reporting as eligible all game long.

None of the above. I think the Titans are a middle of the road team like most teams. They should be able to hang with almost anyone, aren't good enough to run off long winning streaks but can pull off a surprise on the right day.

Get the QB position fixed and they'll be challenging Indy for the division title. Every single player will look better with better QB play, including players on the defense because the pressure will be lessened.